Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A stainless steel table?

Options
greenmimama
greenmimama Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
My husband works at a place where they have restaurant stainless steel tables, we would love to have a hole cut in it to make it our BGE table, since they are heavy duty and on casters already, we can even get one with a fridge built in, I am excited about the prospect, what do you experienced table builders think about that?

Thanks

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    greenmimama

I have a used piece that is in the welding shop now. Should be posting pics thie week. Itis going to be awesome

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    That should be terrific! B) Most of us do not have the skill or equipment to work with stainless, we will be anxious to see it [and jealous]. Get yourself a nice big cutting board for it, and maybe a cover if it is exposed to the sun, should be awesome. I love the idea of the built in fridge :ohmy: :P :woohoo:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • greenmimama
    Options
    Yeah it was my husbands idea, and I love it, now to just wait for the right table to come along, It's a liquidation place so you never know what is coming in. I will be sure to take pictures when it is done.
  • scuba322
    scuba322 Posts: 14
    Options
    I make stainless steel topped tables with powder coated steel frames. 4 tops per sheet of stainless which is $400.00 but turns out nice. Also use AlumaBright diamond plate for tops (like the shiny aluminum tool boxes). A 2 foot x 4 foot piece is $39.00 and provides an awesome contrast to the egg. Good luck