Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cajun chicken wings

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,757
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does anyone have agood cajun rub or marinade or paste recipe for chicken wings. looking to improve my ability with chicken parts as ive never been satisfied with them. have resorted to only spatchcock chickens lately
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    fishlessman,
    If you have not tried ChefRD's wings, you really owe yourself a try. They are incredible, though Ron is pretty modest about the whole thing.
    His original recipe is here: http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/poultry/poultry0083.htm[p]The wings are fantastic just as posted, but you could substitue his seasonings with your favorite cajun mix. I like to put different seasoning mixtures in each time just to change things up, but the heart of the recipe still remains. My interpretation, complete with pix tures is at the link below. [p]I know it doesn't answer your question on a good cajun rub. Here is a wet rub I have been meaning to try (from The Complete Book on Spices by Jill Norman, published by Viking studio books)
    1 fat clove garlic
    1/2 small onion
    1 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp mustard powder
    1/2 tsp cayenne
    1 tsp dried thyme
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp salt[p]Off hand I would prolly notch the cumin down by 1/2 to start, and up the black pepper, as well as adding in some celery seed. Just some idears. Good luck on your quest!
    Chris

[ul][li]ChefRD inspired ditty[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    That is not the breaded recipe is it? Those things rock with a little Swamp Venom.[p]CWM

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Wings_04_02_00_05.jpg
    <p />fishlessman, try these first -- make them frequently.[p]Life is GOOD![p]
    [ul][li]ChefRD's Wings[/ul]
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks for the kind words Chris and also to Gordon. I have to be modest about the recipe 'cause even tho I like the wings, my co-workers love them, my friends like them, my wife said they are "not her favorite" so I don't make them very often anymore. :)[p]But I do still make my fish the same way (basically) and I ain't gonna change that! ;[p]So thanks for the kind words and I hope to see you guys in a couple of months.[p]later,
    Ron.[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    It sho do be the breaded wings. Ya know that Venom is poisonous? :-)[p]BTW, fantastic news about Kaleigh! Positive vibes continuosly streaming your way.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    ChefRD, do you go hotter with the fish, looks very interesting for a batch of crappie and perch fillets.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    fishlessman,
    No, I leave the breading the same, but I Do Not add the lousiana hot sauce at the 15 minute intervals.
    Taste's fine to me like that ;), GREAT on Crappie.
    HTH
    later,
    Ron.