Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Doing Frozen Lou Malnati's Pizza-Suggestions?

Options
TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Website suggests 425* for 35-40 minutes. I have the egg going with PS in feet up, rig in with BGE grid on top and pizza stone on the top. Is the pizza stone on top too much? Should I just lay it on the grid? Should I be that high the dome? Anyone got other advicifications?
thanks
tim

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    El Dirty,

I don't know what a Lou Malnati's pizza is but I do frozen pizzas on the egg through the week sometimes. I go a little hotter maybe 25-50* than the package calls for. Cut the time by a couple of minutes.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mrdnks
    mrdnks Posts: 67
    Options
    I would do just what your thinking and keep an eye on it.
    The last thing you want to do is ruin the best pizza known to man ;)
    by the way I am jealous!!!
    Good luck and let us know.
    And pictures!!
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Proceed as you are. High in the dome is a good [lace for pizza as the temp on the therm is very close to the temp at the pizza stine. Deep dish Za's will take a while. I would go with their recommendations for the first one. Maybe probe the middle at time and check for doneness. You in for some good eats tonight. Enjoy. :)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    As others have said..high in the dome works best..not on a stone but a raised grid indirect...when we did them we learned after the first couple that the foil pans were kinda crushed down...these were frozen delivery...after you take the pie out to oil the pan, reform the pan so it's touching the sides of the pie, our first couple were not...think like squished down and spread out..if you pay attention to the empty foil pan it will make a lot more sense...pretty sure we went with recommended times..maybe a tick longer...and we liked the cheese pie the best...ENJOY...
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    I have done Gino East frozen, ps/grid/extended grid/pizza stone/pizza. As an alternative you could skip the pizza stone and place pie inside cake pan with a little olive oil on the bottom.