Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

\"Yo Dirt\" (The Dirty Burger)

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
023-3.jpg

Here's the recipe for the Peoria Peach Wings

1 T unsalted butter
1/2 med onion, sliced
1/4 t ground thyme
1/4 t ground cumin
3 cloves garlic, pressed

1 18 oz peach preserves
1/3 C honey
1/3 C brown sugar
1/4 C sriracha sauce
1/2 t Penzey's Chinese Cassia Cinnamon
1/3 C cider vinegar
salt and pepper

In a small skillet, heat butter under medium heat until foam subsides
Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 min
Add thyme and cumin, continue to cook until onions are medium brown, about 5-10 min
Add garlic and cook stirring until fragrant, not browned, about a min or so

In a separate sauce pan, combine rest of ingredients along with the onions/garlic and simmer to a boil. I transfer to a blender to mix, but an immersion blender would be ideal. Then I return to sauce pan and simmer until boiling and then let cool. A batch should cover a couple dozen wings.

Egg setup is indirect @350, if the wings are larger then I let it get to 400. One chunk of pecan wood. I use the platesetter legs up with a Chicago Metallic Deep Dish Pan wrapped in foil resting on a few foil balls. I put enough water in the bottom to keep the grease and sauce from burning. At the one hour mark, glaze wings(use tongs and dunk them in the sauce, it is thick), cook another 15 min or so and glaze again and cook another 15 min.
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments