Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil Suggestions????

ShortRib
ShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone cooked one on the egg before???

Comments

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    ShortRib,
    I cook them all the time....being such a lean piece of meat I cook them Hot and Fast preferring to marinate them in some liquid for a few hours or overnight versus a dry rub. If I do use a dry rub it is always Dizzypig Cowlick steak rub on London Broil for me....HTH....Page

• Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    PG,
    I cook them like a big steak also. I usually marinate overnigh them in an adaptation of Raichlen's Belgian Beer marinade:
    Belgian Beer Marinade
    [p]2 Cups Beer - dark preferred
    1/4 Cups Dijon mustard
    1/4 Cups Canola oil
    1 tsp Coarse Salt + to taste
    1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
    1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
    1 Jalapeno, diced
    4 Scallions, Chopped, White and Green
    4 Clove Garlic, Smashed with side of cleaver
    2 Slice fresh Ginger smashed
    1 Tbs Pickling spices
    1 Tbs Paprika
    1/2 tbs Caraway Seeds

Combine and whisk. I used on london broil.

• ShortRib
    ShortRib Posts: 180
    Rodan,
    What are "pickling spices?"
    How do you measure what "2 slices of ginger smashed are?"
    lastly, One red onion chopped seeams to be alot! Especially with chopped scallions. Do you follow this recipe verbatum?

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    S09_29_9917_43_07.jpg
    <p />ShortRib, my very first cook, check out the link.

[ul][li]The Baptism... [/ul]
  • Rodan
    ShortRib,
    Pickling spices can be found in the spice section of your grocer. I think mine are McCormick. I just have a small jar, but you can buy larger quantities. I don't really measure the ginger, I just cut a couple of slices about the size of a nickle or a little larger around and smash it with the side of a cleaver, or a meat hammer. I do follow the recipe. It seems like a lot of onion, but it does not overpower it. I have cooked quite a number of them this way and they are excellent. If you don't like caraway you can back off it a little, but I like the flavor it adds.

• Rodan

Make that 1/2 teaspoon of Caraway.