Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

jerky

61chev
61chev Posts: 539
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone used brisket for jerky I seen somewhere on the food channel they were talking about using brisket

Comments

• 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    With all due respect, Tweeve, you are self admittedly out of your element since your referenced quote appears nowhere in "religious writings" such as the bible but is merely a construct of someone's self justification that has been many times copied.

The advice to search the archives for information is good.
  • 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Very well said
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Although I find religion extremely juvenile

Back to being abrasive and alienating people again, eh Tweevie? The above quote fragment was completely unnecessary in your post. I knew the fake, polite, goody two shoes you were putting on wouldn't last for long. I think I actually prefer you when you are your normal abrasive, irritating, beligerant self. I prefer being mad and irritated as opposed to spitting up in my mouth a little bit with every one of your posts.

Mark
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

And it looks like he just got out of the dog house - or found a way to get around the ban.

GG
  • Smokin' T
    Smokin' T Posts: 259
    I use london broil all the time.

Tom,
    Dunedin, Fl
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Guess he needs a little more time in "time out"..or a lot more.... :)
  • Grandpas Grub

Would love to see some of 'your' egg cooks, set ups and stuff.

BTW, some of the corn stuff was funny/interesting. I had no idea that the silk was how corn got germinated.

The wind germinating the corn helped me with planting the small amount of corn I plant. I never knew why some of my cobs were had very little corn forming.

Last year I planted some in an earthbox. Some of the corn came out great and others, now I know did not get germinated.

This year I am going to plant a square rather than a couple of long rows. And, in the earthbox I am going to plant 2 or 3 earthboxes and put them right next to one another. It will be interesting to see the results of both plants as compared to previous years.

Sure would like your approval to post OT on the main forum. If you were not aware the old posts fall off the page, not to be found again.

For me corn is very egg related as that is the only I cook corn any more. I am guessing a lot of other people enjoyed the corn thread also.

My 2¢

GG
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Tweev, I don't mind so much when others think religion is extremely juvenile or that organized religion is idiotic. What I take offense to is misquotes that might confuse and lead others to those views.

As for discussions on corn eating, I find those much more germain to the topic than mental lapses carried over from off forum discussions.
  • Weekend Warrior
    You're right. I just finished a conversation with a colleague about how organised religion was idiotic

Keep digging Tweev, you're almost there and plenty of us are ready to shovel the dirt on top of you.

I've convinced myself that you are an autistic savant. Very, very bright, but so socially inept, you can't function in society. I hope you get the help you need.

I R-E-A-L-L-Y doubt WPB would want mentioned in the same breath as you agreeing on anything and as far as I'm concerned, Mad Max can post any damn thing he wants to any time of day or night 365 days a year; corn eating or otherwise. Now go crawl back into your hole.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Tweev-tip--- wrote:
    GG,

...Many people find my posts informative and entertaining, it's a select few people who make problems out of them.

I will post some photos this weekend...

Folks liking and disliking some posts is always going to happen.

That's a lot of cooking, sounds like your going to have some great pictures and cooks to share, looking forward to seeing them.

GG
  • EatMoeQ
    EatMoeQ Posts: 18
    It might help to step back and objectively ponder the reasons why you continually elicit such responses from so many forum regulars.

I think for the most part you are making an effort to mean well, but your delivery more often than not offends and abrades like no other person on this forum.

Why do you think that is?
  • egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    The best thing about this forum is that it is mostly off topic. When you are sitting around drinking beer for 6 hours while your ribs cook do you only talk about ribs? No. But you certainly are Qin. That's what this forum is to me - a great resource for recipes and techniques and a great place to go for conversation and bbq stories. A bbq forum about nothing but recipes would be as boring as could be.

Ed
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    What ever gave you the idea that you are a valued member of this forum? :ohmy: That's a real laugh :laugh: :laugh:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Marc,

Next rounds on me B)
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    A legend in his own mind.
  • EatMoeQ
    EatMoeQ Posts: 18
    You should be flattered, I would be, as this is one of the oldest most active online communities and most regulars read every post regardless of who is doing the posting. It's easy to say don't read my posts but that's next to impossible.

I know one thing by reading and reading and reading this forum: being positive and helpful will get you very far and gain you a lot of respect.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Get in line.....hahahaha
  • Smokin' T
    Smokin' T Posts: 259
    61 Chev asked a question about using brisket for beef jerky. Why not just answer the question and not get involved in other conversations??????????????

Tom,
    Dunedin, Fl