Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two 11lb. BB on LBGE

Options
evenwhenitsraining
evenwhenitsraining Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1) Are they going to fit on the LBGE? I don't see the need for a V-rack, as I didn't use one last time.

2) Should I plan on 22 hrs? It seems that last time I did a 9 lb. and only planned on 1-1/2 hrs./lb. but now I see a whole lot of people that simply go 2 hr./lb.

I cook to temp. with a probe that stay in the BB and I know that I can pull them at 190-200 and store them in foil in coolers.

I'm going to rub with mustard and rub. I don't baste or brush.

Comments

• pissclams
    pissclams Posts: 49
    Options
    stack your butts by using a secondary grill grate and some bricks to seperate them.

i'd guess 17 hours @ 250 maybe?
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    yes, they will fit. if they don't fit side by side, i usually put one on and just lay a grate on top of the brisket and put the second on top of that one...

c1c912a6.jpg
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Yes they will fit, either side by side or stacked will work. Cook them at a dome temp of 250-275.

Be sure and have a big drip pan to catch all of the juice so you don't have a grease fire...if you only have 1 meat thermometer put it in the smaller of the 2 butts.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Are you talking about a Boston Butt because I see the word Brisket being used? Tim :unsure:
  • evenwhenitsraining
    Options
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    That's a stack of BBQ Jason, never thought about just laying another grate on top as long as the meats on bottom are almost even. Then again, I've never had to cook over 2 butts at 1 time...Is that a med. grid?
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    Jai-Bo wrote:
    That's a stack of BBQ Jason, never thought about just laying another grate on top as long as the meats on bottom are almost even. Then again, I've never had to cook over 2 butts at 1 time...Is that a med. grid?

it's actually just an extra grate i found pretty cheap at grate grills. it's about the same size as a small grid i'd guess. probably about 12 or 13 inches.
  • evenwhenitsraining
    Options
    So basically I just leaned one against the other and by the time they cooked the next day, they had shrunk and were both fitting nicely side by side in the BGE.  And yes, I realize I'm commenting on my own post four years later.  Lot has been happening.