Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Green Egg 4 Sale (MS Gulfcoast)

Options
Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking through craigslist and found this add
http://gulfport.craigslist.org/for/1769728873.html

I don't know about small price tags but it seemed like it was a decent price.
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Real good price, and with a nest. Me, I was checking out the lady getting some sun. :evil:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Run! Jump on it! I paid $499 for mine. That's a super deal. :)
  • Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    Options
    That is exactly what I have been looking for and would love to get one right at that price. Wish I was closer :(
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    :woohoo: :P Great price, especially if the egg-mate in the background is included
    canuckland
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    hornhonk wrote:
    Run! Jump on it! I paid $499 for mine. That's a super deal. :)

Steve, I only paid 598 fer my Large (new)....Geeezzzzz that's alot fer a small. I emailed the poster of the add. I might just drive over there and get it...it'll take me about 50 in gas so I'd only have 2 bills in it which still ain't bad. I was really wanting a medium fer my 2nd egg so we'll see!!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    How's about a medium for $250? One for sale in Houston.

http://houston.craigslist.org/for/1759318301.html

Stop by the Chicken Ranch while you're over this way.

Spring "Pimping For Craigs List" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    They threw in a platesetter and cast iron grid, too. It's funny how the prices vary on eggs. :pinch:
  • Unknown
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

B.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    thanks for posting. if this isn't taken already, hopefully i can snag it. i really wanted a medium, but i'd love a small and then i i'd only need the medium to complete the family of four.
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    OK, just found a Med. on ebay fer 250. It shows a pic of an egg w/ a nest but says nothing about the nest in the description. It's in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-Green-Egg-Medium-Used-/160440575130?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255b00e49a
  • Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    Options
    I have thought about a medium, but I recently found a sale that was selling a new medium egg with nest for $399 from a dealer. I couldn't believe the price and almost pulled the trigger, but realized that I really need a small for its weight and mobility. I am keeping my eyes out for one around $150 or I might end up buying a new one for $400 but would rather not even though it does have the warranty. Thanks for showing the listing to me though! :)
  • deepsouth
    Options
    i was able to snag this. thanks to the OP for the heads up.
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    That sounds like a great "score". Do let us know.
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    They actually emailed you back Jason? I sent em an email last night, then 1 this AM and still no response. Was it in really good shape?....lets see some pics of the family....Kinda glad at least someone from here got it over me, the ole lady wasn't thrilled about me driving 2 hours fer it.... :woohoo:
  • deepsouth
    Options
    Jai-Bo wrote:
    They actually emailed you back Jason? I sent em an email last night, then 1 this AM and still no response. Was it in really good shape?....lets see some pics of the family....Kinda glad at least someone from here got it over me, the ole lady wasn't thrilled about me driving 2 hours fer it.... :woohoo:

YIKES! i hope i didn't get it out from under you....

i responded with an email this morning when i read the thread and the guy called me at work. i'm supposed to go pick it up this afternoon. the guy said the only thing wrong with it was, he burned the gasket off.

on the plus side, you're wife will be happy?

;o)
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    Nahhh Jason, I was really wanting a Med. but the $$$ was too good to put down. Craigslist folks sometimes irk me when they don't put # and want to email back and forth. They definetly irked me since I haven't even got an email saying it's gone...Ohh well, I'll find another deal...lets see the family later brother... :P
  • deepsouth
    Options
    Jai-Bo wrote:
    Nahhh Jason, I was really wanting a Med. but the $$$ was too good to put down. Craigslist folks sometimes irk me when they don't put # and want to email back and forth. They definetly irked me since I haven't even got an email saying it's gone...Ohh well, I'll find another deal...lets see the family later brother... :P

for sure! what i thought was odd was, when i called him back, i went to click on the craiglist ad and it was already removed and i hadn't even spoken to him.
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    I just checked my email and he emailed me round noon. He said it was sold and I told him that I knew and another Jason (my real name is Jason too) off this forum bought it. Told him it was nice he responded to me since I emailed him last night :evil: :woohoo:

No hard feelings toward you brother, just irks me bout the seller. I'm a firm believer in things happen fer a reason...and this is no different. Let us know about it :P
  • deepsouth
    Options
    Jai-Bo wrote:
    I just checked my email and he emailed me round noon. He said it was sold and I told him that I knew and another Jason (my real name is Jason too) off this forum bought it. Told him it was nice he responded to me since I emailed him last night :evil: :woohoo:

No hard feelings toward you brother, just irks me bout the seller. I'm a firm believer in things happen fer a reason...and this is no different. Let us know about it :P

now i'm feeling all bad and stuff.......
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    No worries brother...water off a ducks back... :laugh:
  • deepsouth
    Options
    just went and picked this up. it came with a platesetter as well as a bge cover. the gasket is fried and the lid is missing or lost, but that's a quick fix.

platesetter isn't even dirty. i'm not sure it was ever used.

save the missing lid and the gasket, the egg looks brand new.

i'll post some pictures later (like you guys haven't seen small eggs before).

and just so everybody knows, the guy i bought the egg from got rid of it because his girlfriend bought him an extra large bge.

needless to say, i didn't try to sell him on the merits of having two eggs, but i did tell him this was my third on the way out the door. i hope he doesn't figure it out and get seller's remorse.
  • deepsouth
    Options
    1cacb7c2.jpg

9389305e.jpg

32aec8ec.jpg

953b4f35.jpg

58e4cb5b.jpg

so, basically, the gasket is fried and the top is missing, but it has a platesetter and a cover. the bottom grate looks a bit rusted, but it didn't cave in when i loaded the lump, so i'm probably good there.

thanks for the heads up jason. next time your in the area, let me know. i owe you some homebrew.

;o)
  • deepsouth
    Options
    notice the high five in the background for the eggcelent steaks....