Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Amberjack

Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My youngins had a bunch of their friends and a few parents came over fer a hamburger/wiener cookout so I figured I'd try out my new griddle I got w/ some blackened AJ fer the adults.

I used a general over the counter blackening seasoning. Dumped the AJ in Amish butter, the sprinkled the seasoning....Good coat of veggie oil on the griddle and heated up the egg to 425-450. Threw them filets on and let em sizzle!!!! They came out great and even a few of them youngins tied and liked it....A lil spicy fer a few of em but that's what it's all about when it's blackened!!! :whistle:

DSC05801.jpg
DSC05800.jpg
DSC05799.jpg
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Nice! Blackened fish rules.
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Looks like that griddle cleaned up and got seasoned real nice. Oh, and it doesn't get much better than blackened AJ. Nice cook.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    misfit wrote:
    Looks like that griddle cleaned up and got seasoned real nice. Oh, and it doesn't get much better than blackened AJ. Nice cook.

Yepper, I oiled the griddle up and put it in the oven at 350 fer over an hour then let it cool...Then this Am when I got off work, I oiled it again and put it back in the oven at 405 fer another hour then turned it off and let it sit fer the rest of the day. All the grind marks looked nice and coated and todays cooked helped it out that much more :blink: Thanks! :woohoo:
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Looks like the new griddle is working out good. Got a little dizzy there for a moment lookin at your pic's.... :blink:
    :lol:
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    AJ is fun to catch. Only caught them once off the NC coast. It was a blast. We were over a school of them. There were thousands. You could see them chasing bait. It was very cool. The guy I was fishing with said you couldn't eat them though. They always have worms or something. Was he wrong? I imagine so since you're eating them. LOL. Looks tasty. I love blackened anything.