Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye burgers

JB
JB Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I used to buy burgers from a place that used a combination of choice, prime and wagyu in preformed patties. Expensive but dayum good. They went out of business a while back and I've been disappointed in burgers since. I bought the KA grinder attachment and tried a few combinations over the past couple of years but always came up short.

Stocked up on some ribeyes on sale at Publix this week and figured I would grind one up and give it another go. I remember reading a post where someone here used ribeye for burgers. I'm glad I tried it. Best burgers I've ever done personally, enough left to do a couple for lunch tomorrow. :)

Still partially frozen, cut into 1" cubes
ribeyeburgers500FMay2010001.jpg

First grind
ribeyeburgers500FMay2010002.jpg
ribeyeburgers500FMay2010003.jpg

Problem I've had in the past is that the grind seemed a bit too "chunky", so I ran it through again
ribeyeburgers500FMay2010004.jpg

Loosely formed patties, 5-6 oz., on at 500* slightly raised direct, 3 mins/ side
ribeyeburgers500FMay2010005.jpg
ribeyeburgers500FMay2010006.jpg

Went a little past where I had planned, but still a tinge of pink, and very juicy flavorful, not dry at all
ribeyeburgers500FMay2010007.jpg

Comments