Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Mothers Day

Options
Spin
Spin Posts: 1,375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Our very best wishes that this day has provided a special time for mothers everywhere. Happy Mothers Day.[p]Spin & MrsSpin

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    King-O-Coals Posts: 510
    Options
    Spin, from this side of the pond,, I say thanks.. I do have mixed emotions though.. I was told in a nice way that I would eating restaurant food tonight instead of our usual egg fare... I'm kinda mad,,, but it's only once a year,, and besides,, if I keep her happy, more grillin toys are sure to follow..[p]Happy muthas day to all....

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    Ya got to keep the "little woman" happy! She keeps you happy 364 days a year! You can please her this one day!
    You're right about the bunker gear and the smoke didn't have no smell of mesquite or hickory! [p]I wuz hopein' to get a rise out of you, but I fiqured it would be 'cause of my "peanut butter" remark! [p]I hope you done somethin' nice fer Marilyn today! Like I said, she tolerates you and humors you the rest of the year, You can "suffer" dis one time! Smile!!! You'll break yer face the other way! :^))))[p]Dr. Chicken

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Spin,[p]After all my talk of Eggsperimenting, ST and I did a Beer Butt and London broil yesterday. Those weren't first time cooks for us, but they are not part of our usual fare. For today, I ended up dropping back and punting by cooking something super easy and famliliar for my mom and dad for dinner at my place for Mother's Day. In the year+ I've had the Egg, I realize I've never cooked for my parents one of the simplest pleasures from the Egg that can really impress in just 8 minutes: mustard and Montreal Steak Seasoning steaks! I know, I know, it's not new, but I was able to do a quick cook guaranteed to impress and my parents have now had a taste of the best steaks they've ever had.[p]I made a nice Ceasar salad as a side and had some homemade tater salad plus some store bought macaroni salad. All in all, two new converts to the virtue of steaks on the BGE. I had no doubt I was serving them the best steaks they'd ever had - 2 minutes per side at about 800* then a 4 minute "dwell" at around 500. I even got to safely demonstrate the "whoosh" by explaining the concept after dwell then removing the top and opening the bottom vent, counting to two, and hearing the "whoosh" with the dome still safely closed. I felt pretty cool with my BGE heat resistant glove. I stupidly forgot to put on the apron. That would have added to the effect.[p]Anyway, Happy Mom's Day to everyone out there. For me, it's just a simple time to show my mom how much I care and another great excuse to cook an awesome meal on the BGE![p]Cornfed

• Jan_WassisMeats
    Options

Happy Mother's Day to all of our new Egghead Moms! Have a grate day today.