Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

online meet and greet ???

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    could you expand on that :laugh: :laugh: you could have just said... has a hard time keeping imaginary friends :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Do you know the BGE dealer in Limerick? He also sells the hot tubs that we manufacture. -RP
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Julie, what a fine job you have done of bringing civility and interest back into the forum. For a brief time was I almost enjoying lurking at the General Rancor that was going on here on the forum, but it's really great to see things back in the peaceful mode. Perhaps my intro will come later.

Uglydog
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Hi - I'm Michael:

I work in the AV industry - RGBHV = red, green, blue, horizontal, vertical.

I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada - next door to Toronto for anyone geographically challenged.

I've been egging for a couple of years. I've got a large and a small egg - maybe a mini some day - we'll see.

I've been married to my wife Anke for 20 years and we have 4 wonderful children (2 girls, 2 boys ranging in age from 8-16).

My wife's best friend (Karin) is always around so I often refer to her as my 2nd wife. And no, I'm not a mormon, but I'd like to thank all the males at FLA fest for the high 5's for having two wives. It did wonders for my ego! Ha! Ha!

My wife is a way better cook than I and as long as I prep the egg, she'll cook on it. We routinely have 20+ guests at our house so it's been fun coming up with ideas for cooking. I appreciate the ideas and direction I've received from fellow eggheads.

We've been to two eggfests (Nieggara 1, FLA 2010, we'll probably cook at Toronto 1 and we're registered for Nieggara the sequel)

It's nice to see something positive on the forum these days!

We look forward to meeting you all!

Michael
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Poor Neil,,, he has to put up with all that happiness :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • twovkay
    twovkay Posts: 42
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Von and I love my egg. I purchased my egg 2 months ago and can't wait to get another. Just give a good reason! I want to thank everyone here for all the information and advice I've gotten. From my first boston butt that plateau at 150 to lighting my egg.

I'm married and my husband and friends only likes BBQ once and awhile, so they don't understand my love of smoke food. So the obession here is great!

I'm a foodie and like to catch fish (note I said catch not fish for fish!) and eating crabs until my stomach hurt!

I hope to see some of you guys soon at an Eggfest!

Von
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    AND you created "THE CHICKEN" :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Roger,, love to have you in Florida at the Sunshine Fest next year
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    This is such a great post. I've enjoyed reading everything in it, some twice.

I also believe that it shows a willingness for people to come out of the dark as lurkers and to share personal information about ourselves. Perhaps now we can increase the minimum personal profile information in a registration. Sure would be nice to know who everyone is and where they are from, and even a little about their lives.

Thanks Julie. You did good.

Spring "I Have Friends I Know Nothing About" Chicken
  • I think Spring Chicken has a great idea. Why doesn't everyone just copy their post on to their profile? I think that would be a great addition.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    As usual, I'm a day late to respond. I'm Mike, 67 YO, and live in South Florida. Joined the USAF Air Force at age 18, worked as a physical therapist in military hospitals in Germany during the Vietnam era, and throughout the US after that. Retired in 1985, and kept working in therapy for the next 20 years. Finally retired for good 5 years ago, and got introduced to the BGE after using Habachis and Webers for many years. Now It's my main hobby, Golf had to move to #2 on the list. I don't post very often, but lurk every day. I've only been to one Fla Fest, and had to leave early Sat AM due to a doggie health issue at home. Haven't managed to get to any others. I've been married to my wife Toby for 20 yrs, we have 4 grown kids, and 4 grandchildren.
    Thanks, Julie...... great thread.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL I have wondered about a lot of the handles on here and yours is one of them LOL make sense when you know
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I agree Leroy! Guess I'm just sort of bass-ackwards here in that the reason I have not responded to this thread until now is that my profile that has been up for 5 years now tells my story. I've always been a proponent of requiring more info than just US for instance.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Hooker ---threw me for a loop at first!

Good post idea Jule!

Michael
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Hello, my name is Rebecca and I moved back home to Dayton, OH from Denver,CO. I've been joyfully egging for almost two years. I am basically an eccentric bon viveur. My secular work as a radiation oncologist provides not only sustenance, but great personal satisfaction. It is my avocation, egging, that provides ecstasy. In my meager spare time, I love to cook, eat, read, raise havoc, garden, and travel in no particular order. Snow, dogs, Fang, and eggs evoke rapture. I am very grateful for the friendships and knowledge shared so generously by my kindred eggers.

-amicitia semper prodest. Seneca

"Julie rocks!" Pliny the Elder
  • hahaha
    people ask somethin, i answer. don't want a long answer, don't ask if i'm in the room. :laugh:
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    This is a great idea! My name is Frank, I joined the forum a little over two years ago, just before buying my large and medium egg. Getting an egg had been a wish list item for several years, and now that I took the plunge, I don't know why I didn't do it many years sooner.

I lived in northeast Pennsylvania for most of my life, then decided to see other parts of our once great country. Along the way I met and married my wife of 8 years. She and I have been blessed with two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. Honestly, I can't imagine life without them.

We landed in the midwest three years ago, and really like it. I'm currently the GM of a wholesale distribution company, but am getting the itch to do something a little more interesting. If I make a change, I think we'll stay here in Omaha...like I said, we really like it here.

I don't post all that often, but check in regularly just about every day. I know the forum's been a little crazy lately, but hopefully, a post like this will bring things back around.

Great idea, Julie!

fc :)
  • Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    My name's Mike and I'd been using a cheap gas grill for years. I'd heard about the egg and "next level" cooking so when the grill died, I pulled the trigger on a large.

This absolutely changed my life. I am now watching cooking shows with my wife, who's an excellent cook. I am enjoying the time on the weekend in the yard with a long cook going. I love it all.

And this forum is a part of that. I didn't anticipate it before I got the egg, but I really enjoy reading and learning. I find the people here are wonderful and helpful. I read a lot of forums and this is the friendliest.

About us? we're into photography, http://www.inmd.net brewing, and science. (yup, we're nerds!) and we love getting outdoors. Been married 17 years this august, although kids were never part of the equation for us. All in all we count ourselves lucky for our blessings and wonderful friends. So glad to be a part of this community!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hooker threw me until now. :ohmy: :woohoo:
  • Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    Go Boilers!

(Med Chem '07)
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Been awhile since I typed this stuff. The forum has really grown and changed in the few short years I've been egging.
    My name is Jason and I'm an egghead :side:
    I have a large, small and mini with which I feed my wife and two daughters, and anyone else who happens by on the weekends.
    I got into it when we bought our last home. The owner had a Weber and said "I'm taking that with me, you have to get your own".
    Being an informed consumer, I naturally searched for "Best meat smoker". After VERY carefully choosing which link to click next :whistle: (pause for giggles and snickers)
    I landed on the Big Green Egg site, found the forum, and met a guy named WessB. He said I had to go to Waldorf Eggfest. I did just that, and wow....Long story short I was hooked.
    For fun I love to play guitar, ride mountain bikes and try to mold my little girls into well rounded beings. They will know how to change a bike tire, catch a fish, and they will know that when someone says "You have something on your shirt" that it's a trick. Gotta teach them all the Your Momma jokes too. Kindergarten is a year away...

I joined up with the facebook crowd and am having lots of fun over there.
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    I am Steve, and I love to Sail, we have a 34 Catalina on Lake St. Claire, that is on the east side of Michigan between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Too Small to be a great Lake, But plenty Big. Sailing season starts now. through mid September.

I have had My XL about 6 weeks now.. still getting used to it and having some great food. Wish i wouls have bought it 6 years ago when I bought my last gasser. My kids will end up with this one.

anyway, Thank you for all the advice when asked for and all the posts that all of us just read and absorb.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• RRP
    that's alright Jeff - I didn't believe you when you denied it back then 'cauz I just had a gut feeling. Besides over the years some other yarns you have spun such as being a Chippendale dancer in college and even recently the story about your Father's Woody :whistle: (Ford wagon with wooden sides!)
  • hahaha
    only the woodie story is true. (no one spells it 'Woody' with a 'Y'.

my wife was pregnant with my oldest son when my dad took us on one last ride. no seatbelts (although nick put them in)

my dad is lifetime member number 61 of the National Woodie Club.
  • RRP
    Sorry I doubted you, Jeff!
  • goober. :laugh:

no need to edit yer post. all good. that really was his car. i almost died when you sent me the photos. i knew that you didn't know it was his, but the coincidence was pretty cool.

FWIW, i think he and julie's dad talked cars quite a bit when we visited them in Florida
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    THAT is why I dig you!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hi my name is Robert and I’m 40. I live in Cypress, a suburb of Houston. I received the egg several months back as a surprise birthday gift from my wife. I wanted an egg for about 2 years (lurked on the forum during this time) and she surprised me this year. My background is electrical engineering in the PC industry I have not been able to cook much on the egg recently as we are expecting our second child and the smoke smell makes my wife sick. I tend to read more than post, but I hope to post more once I can fire this bad boy back up. I went to the Texas Eggfest this year and I had a great time. I meet a few heavy hitters from the forum, very friendly people. It was a day trip so no partying, maybe next year. Anyway, I really enjoy being part of this family and using the egg.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Cheers!! Hope we meet!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Great idea Julie, glad to do my part to keep this thread going...

I'm Gary, live just north of Toronto, Canada. Got my first large two years ago, added a small a year later. Prior to egging I was never into real cooking, so this eggdiction is truly a significant lifestyle change for me, still learning every day. Can't thank everyone here enough for sharing, helping and the friendship.

I'm of Chinese descent but born and grew up in Calcutta, India (City of Joy, Mother Teresa's adopted homeland). Left home at a young age to attend college and university in the UK, then immigrated and settled in Canada. Sill have strong ties in India where my father and brother run the family businesses. My profession is mainframe IT (anyone remember what mainframe is?). Married 30 years to my lovely wife who's from Darjeeling, India (in the Himalaya region) and have three 'adult' kids 21-28 who are still studying.

Prior to egging my hobby included woodworking (or should I say woodbutchering?), photography, gardening and trying to fix anything that's broken!

Hope to meet more of you in future eggfests.

Gary
    canuckland