Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

online meet and greet ???

Comments

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    And you carve one hell of a pumpkin.
  • i had started my reply by copying fidel's and simply crossing out "trained assassin" and putting in "pumpkin carver". but i gave up trying to figure out how to cross things out in HTML. :laugh:
    thx
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    I am little lip’s dad, and I for one count myself in the group of people who know that Julie is the greatest thing since sliced bread
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Yup that is you in a nut shell Jeff and so very much more :kiss:
  • Zinger
    Zinger Posts: 86
    Name's Mike. I am 33, and I live in Northwest Arkansas, been egging for a little over a year now, and loving every moment of it. I started with a large, and have since added another large, and a small. It seems that you just can't have enough of these things.
    After getting my first egg, I found myself quite befuddled on how to use it. I quickly screwed up my share of first cooks. Then I found this forum. Honestly haven't messed up a cook since. Some have certainly been better than others, but haven't cooked anything inedible.
    I lurked for almost a year before I felt my egging skills had gotten to a point where I was comftorable posting. Some of my favorite cooks are pizza, brisket, and butts, among others.
    I certainly have to give a big thanks to all of you out there. With out this forum, I may have given up cooking on the egg. That being said, thanks to this forum, I use my eggs 3 to 4 times a week. The information shared here is truly invaluable.

Thanks All
    Mike.
  • julie is the bomb.
    great cook, always smiling, and patient with very strange people
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    My name is Mark and I live in Gadsen, AL with my wife and 10 month old son (future egger). I was introduced to the egg over 8 years ago but didn't buy my first one until 2007, and a second one in 2009. I enjoy the forum and occasionally post. Everyone on here has always been very helpful and polite, thanks for all the help in the past with cooks. I work at a local utility company in the marketing department. Looking forward to learning more from the post on here.
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Good idea! Although this thread is probably long enough already, I'll add my info too.

I'm Dave. I'm a web developer. My dear wife and I have 4 spoiled cats and a 50's rambler overlooking a nice little pond. We enjoy traveling, kayaking, and entertaining.

Said wife bought me a large BGE 4 years ago. I'd been a pretty ardent griller beforehand, but the Egg really opened the world of live fire cooking for me.

I've been blogging for a little over 2 years now and still get a kick out of it. This weekend I'm doing pulled pork for 120 folks at a graduation party. Wish me luck.

The folks on this forum have been a great resource over the years. Thanks!

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • QCA Egger
    QCA Egger Posts: 34
    My name is Molly and I live in the Quad Cities on the Mississppi. Have had my egg for 14 years, lurk on the forum, only been to one fest -Peoria,but would love to meet some of the great cooks I admire on this forum! Much of my times is spent chasing after my 2 kids - 20yr old daughter who runs at Illinois State University and 13 yr old son who does just abt everything!! Love to travel to New Orleans(next trip in 23days!!!) and Puerto Vallarta best, but will visit anywhere at least once! Maybe when these kids slow down, we'll hit the fest circuit!
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Hey Molly,
    Will you be coming to Peoria or Oswego eggfests this year (or both!)? Hope to see you there!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Who am I? That is a good question.. What I once was I no longer am, but there are those here who wish the old me would rear up from time to time. Tis not going to happen, but it is good to have hope :woohoo:

I am a nemesis to stripstike or is that a muse.. Either way from time to time you will see us appear to clash, but take note it is mostly friendly fire..

As you may have seen I am the pitmaster/President for American Spirit BBQ. Inc and we cater for one client, well five actually, and that is the 5 armed services of the US. In case I haven't made it clear already we do this free. :laugh:

I was a Systems/Network/Security Engineer for most of my adult life, but I walked away from it. Now I am the pitmaster for Celtic Spirit BBQ and cater full-time to all the rest of the Central NC and Southern VA.

In both cases I use BGEs (10 of them to be exact) to cook the food we serve to our catering clients.

On a personal note, I am an avid scuba diver. Love camping, and when I can fishing. I am a not so active Ham Radio operator (N2BLY/4)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    especially you... LOL
  • QCA Egger
    Not the Peoria fest this year...leaving for NOLA the next morning! When is the Oswego fest?
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    September 25. Straight shot down I-88.
  • QCA Egger
    I'll put that on the wish list - depends on the girl child's xc schedule!!
  • well. that's what i meant. ;)
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    My name is Roger and I live in Ireland. As far as I know I am the only regular poster from Ireland, but I am sure not the only lurker.

I work as manager of a shopping mall, and in my spare time I cook on my eggs and enjoy my boat. I do bbq demonstrations on local radio, run a local bbq competition, and was overall winner of Limerickfest BBQ competition 2 weeks ago.

I enjoy life with my lovely wife, and our 2 sons who are 22 and 19 and one of my greatest pleasures is egging with my sons, on the boat, it does not get any better than that, especially when my wife is keeping the glasses topped up. I enjoy hosting barbeque parties at home, and have cooked for up to 50 people on my 2 large eggs.

I tend to lurk a lot, but only post when I feel I can add something constructive to the subject under discussion. Unfortunately, due to the time differences I am often on line at different times than most other people and cannot get involved in conversations.

I have made some good friends through this forum, and plan to visit America over the next 2 or 3 years and take in as many eggfests as is possible over about 3 weeks, and get to meet as many of these wonderful people as is practical.

I am an adverturous egg chef, and while not everything works perfectly first time, I am not afraid to try anything, from baked alaska, to a whole lamb in the egg.

As it is now 5 pm here in Ireland, I am now leaving the office for the weekend, while the rest of you still have a half days work to do.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, enjoy your eggs, and forget the bitching, life is toooooooo short.
    Greetings from Ireland, Roger
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Cool idea Julie. My name is Teresa but my friends call me Fluffy I live in Palm Springs, CA with my best friend and fiance Larry and 2 ridiculously spoiled cats. Larry & I have been together 10 years and go to the school of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I went to Eggs by the Bay in 2006 and was sold on the Egg, but lived in an apartment on the beach at the time. We bought our house in Aug. 07 and I got my egg in November. Been eggin ever since and love all that I have learned on these boards! I don't post often but have always felt welcome.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Hi Roger,

"....forget the bitching, life is toooooooo short."

I like it...

So how do we say 'amen' in Irish?

I sincerely hope to meet you when you make it across the pond.

Spring "One World Separated By People" Chicken
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    jason
    almost 40
    married
    5 year old boy and a new one on the way.
    insurance and real estate
    huge music fan (except for country)
    egging for 2.5 years
    homebrewer
    love festivals (music, egg, beer)

between my family, my egg, my music and my beer, i don't have time for anything else.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    My name is Mark. I still live where I was born and raised in rural western PA. I have been married to Thea for 25 years this September. We both attended and met at Clarion University in PA. Our only child, Steven is attending his Senior Prom tonight and will graduate high school in less than a month. He will be attending the University of Pittsburgh this fall. His mother and I are very proud of him.

I am a both a bit of a hick and a hermit. I am an accounting manager/controller of a small electronic component mfg. company. I wear boots(**** kickers) all year round and to work too. If you ever see me all dressed up with a tie and such, you can pretty much figure that someone I know has died and I'm heading to the funeral home.(My wife makes me wear my sneakers occasionally too when boots aren't dressy enough) I pass a couple of Amish buggies and maybe a car or two on my way to and from work each day. I've never been in a Starbucks and don't ever plan to visit one. Coffee is something I drink to help me wake up in the morning. Period. I love to eat and drink and my belly shows it. I am mediocre cook at best, but I really enjoy it. I have two large BGEs and have been egging for three years and attended seven eggfests to date. I am truly my happiest when I'm amongst my egghead friends.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    My name is Angela. I'm married and have a grown daughter and 2 dogs. We have 2 large eggs, got the first one a few years ago and I got mine last year. We are in process of moving to Louisiana and will be there in a few weeks.

I like spending my free time

gardening
    swimming
    cooking and baking, everything from bread, cakes, pies, jams, canning, Indian, pizza, homemade liqueurs, Middle Eastern, bbq sauces
    reading: history, memoirs, fiction, religion
    playing video games, World of Warcraft and wii games mostly
    music everything from opera and classical to Frank Sinatra, George Strait to My Chemical Romance to Linkin park. Just don't give me any hip hop.
    shooting

Our next egg purchase will likely be a mini for boat cooking, have to find the boat first though.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Julie, you're the best!
    As for me, I'm just a guy who likes to do some backyard BBQ. I've had my egg(s) and been a member of this family for a little over 3 years. I used to do some woodworking but never got really good at it, hence the handle. I promote the egg whenever I get the chance and I have quite a few converts. I go to as mant fests as time and money will allow but I've never been to Atlanta. I don't post very much but I lurk almost every day. I consider a lot of you my friends although we've possibly only met several times. Some of you I have never met but you have inspired me with your recipe's and photo's. Thank you.
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    I think you forgot to mention "Bucboard Bacon King". :woohoo:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL and you make a mean bacon Mark!! that is how I will always remember meeting you in NH.:)
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Are we allowed to use the word "King"?
  • boston_stoker
    boston_stoker Posts: 794
    Howdy,

It's pricey, but a friend of mine loves this place for seafood.

www.great-alaska-seafood.com
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    OK, I'll play too, my name is Randy and I live in Oro Valley, AZ with my wonderful wife of 27 years, Desert Filly. We have 5 daughters and 7 grandchildren, 2 horses, a huge dog, a cat, and an African Grey parrot. We also have 4 Eggs, 2 large a small and a mini. We have attended the last 5 Eggtoberfests as well as many of the other fests around the country and am happy to say that we have met a great number of the people on this forum. I am 100% infatuated with cooking and learned BBQing from my father in-law 27 years ago. -RP
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Julie,

This is a great idea. Perhaps you may be setting a record for the longest thread on the forum :laugh: .

I am Tom and I am an egghead. It has been more than two years now since I have descended into eggmania with no end in site :woohoo: . To date, I have made due with my single large egg doing my best to resist the ever present urge to adopt a second one :ohmy:. Nevertheless, I have developed a compulsive shopping disorder as I am constantly on the lookout for new eggcessories that will broaden our cooking possibilities :evil:. Thankfully, my wife is making sure that I get the support and understanding required to cope with this highly addictive pastime :).

We are both originally from Southwestern Ontario. We now live in Ottawa, the capital of Canada, with our two cats. One of our cats is named Charlie and the source of my handle. I have always liked playing around in the kitchen perhaps with allusions of being a chef and Charlie was a new addition when I first joined the forum.

Like many people in Ottawa, I work for the Federal Government. In terms of other pass times, I like to golf and curl.

Thanks again Julie for the idea.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital