Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

online meet and greet ???

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Great idea Julie....I'm Doug,proud owner of four eggs.Got my first egg for Fathers Day 04' and have been adding them since.I enjoy long walks on the beach,and poking dead animals with sticks :blink: :woohoo: Good times,,,,,,,,,good times :laugh:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    You should come poke the fox I shot Sunday morning.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Dam tootin. See you at the mini-fest.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Don't forget the baby seals and bashing short Canukians :laugh:
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    :laugh: Those are way more fun to poke then squirrels :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :lol:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    After seeing that e-mail you sent,...I believe the SNIPER part!!! :laugh: B)
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Rod, I believe you've seen Bull Durham one too many times :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hey everyone.

My name is Tim.

I am 53 years old and have two large eggs. I have been egging my food now for 15 months to the day. I have cooked at two eggfests and met a bunch of wonderful people. I think it is normal to take pictures of groceries and take pictures of me cooking them on my eggs and posting that on this forum and discussing how I did it and other ways of doing it. I have met several of you in person and it was purely my pleasure.

My girlfriends name is Cindy and we also love to ride our motorcycle. I have been unemployed for nearly 18 months so I kick it around the house and grow a small garden.

There are some old timers in this forum that have taken me under their wing so to speak...and for that I am eternally grateful. I will try to pay it forward.

This is the man that started it all and Cindy and I were fortunate enough to meet him. His name is Ed Fisher

000_0937.jpg

Thank you Julie for turning around for this picture. Cindy and I truly had a wonderful time there in Tucker, Ga. last Oct. 2009

000_0942-1.jpg

Here is a picture of our two large eggs. I have truly learned so much from this forum and fellow eggheads like yourself it is unbelievable how far I have come along. Aside from Cindy being the love of my life and my family these are the best times of my life.

000_1742.jpg
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    Hi everyone,

My handle is my name and I'm not just Canadian, I'm a French Canadian, making me a rare thing on this forum. I've had my egg for 1 year exactly this week. I've met some great folks on this forum, and some that I even consider my friends.
    I have 2 beautiful daughters, an incredible wife, a dog and yes a Pony for my daughters.

I truly enjoy this forum and hope things will finally settle down a little! Thanks Julie for helping out as always!

Maxim.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I sent you an email with the photos.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Great idea Julie.
    My name is Jody but my friends call me Jo Jo. I am married to a great girl Dollie (22 years) and have two wonderful kids Charlie 18 and Lacey 15. I've been a fireman for almost 22 years.

In all the years we have been married, I had never bought a grill of any kind. I always had one though because somehow I always ran across one being handed down. I've rebuilt my share of gas grills. I even possessed a "home made smoker" that weighed as much as my truck but had less cooking space than a small egg. After 19 years of marriage I decided to go out and find a grill/smoker. I went to a local shop and saw this green "thang". I was looking around and the salesman said it was the best thing he had in the store. He told me about the forum and all the pizza he had cooked. I went directly home and began my quest for the best. So far I have a large and a small. I love them both.

I could not believe how helpful and encouraging everyone here was. The knowledge I have gained is incredible. I still have more to learn than most but I'm having a great time. I've been to 3 fests and can't wait to go to another one.

I've had so much fun meeting and getting to know some of the great folks here. One of the first contacts I had was Gene (crimsongator). We spoke at length one night during the Christmas holiday. He gave me some great encouragement and advise. Then he helped my wife find some books that she bought me for Christmas. (Dr. BBQ).

I could go on about so many others from OKC to Atlanta and points abroad but I'd miss someone I'm sure.

Looking forward to meeting more of ya'll at other fests.
  • mnwalleye
    mnwalleye Posts: 226
    I'm Jason work in the IT biz and been egging for a year now. After listening to a frield talk about his egg all the time and kept asking the wife for one she got me one for my 30th birthday. She also now enjoys it to, not the 26 below days in the winter she thinks I'm nuts. I like to fish and hunt between eggings.
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Well, I'll give it a go. New to the egg, but totally sold. Love the forum, don't post much because if I have a question I find the search usually scratches my itch.
    Approaching retirement, maybe, not sure if I can just be around the house; have a live in mother in law :whistle: So, wife of 40 years and I can't travel much, hence I spend money on things like cars and BGE's! Spent most of career running municipal water and sewer systems (hence the handle). I guess the engineer in me is what drew me to the BGE; something that had to be understood and mastered...but I'm not there yet. I love nice people, but also find many disappoint. Hence I've always owned at least one Basset Hound, they're ALWAYS nice, it's impossible to make em mad (unless you give em a bath to get rid of the stink). Always appreciated my family, but sure miss the daughter up in CN with the two grandchildren, and a son who's doing same thing I do but internationally, so he's usually in Africa or other faraway places. Went to Tulane, Kansas, and lived in CN, Denver, St Louis, Jax FL, Fulton NY (that's why son's middle name is ... Fulton..born there!), now Greensboro NC. Had a lot of great opportunities fall in my lap, not the least of which is the wife and kids. One thing I know for sure, I'm lucky I was born in this country. Other thing is that no matter how bad things can be, others have it far worse; people who whine about relatively minor (in the grand scheme of life) setbacks or disappointments really bug me. OK. That's enough of me. Thanks to all who contribute to the board, you may not know it but you've helped me a lot! Have a great night/day whatever!
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
    My name is Tim and I'm an Egghead.
    I'm a Canuck and I do that Curling thing in the Winter. One of the guys on my team owns a BGE and when I was looking for something better than a piece of junk crap bullet smoker, he recomended BGE to me. So thankful he did!
    Otherwise, I would have never would have found the wonderful group here on the forum, I would never have been to an Eggfest. I would never had organized NiEGGara either. I wouldn't have bought a second large. I wouldn't have turned this new found passion into a career. Talk about a life change in the past year and a half.
    I've got the best Bride ever of 28 years, 2 great kids that I'm very proud of. In addition to Eggin and working, I like to play Guitar and I'm still trying to convince Little Steven to take up the Bagpipes with me.
    I look forward to meeting more of you at a Fest someday.
  • Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Nice Julie! I'll play.

Been Eggin for three years and have an XL, S, and Mini. Made Eggtoberfest twice, Fidelfest once as well as OKC and Texas this year. If you haven't been to one, I highly recommend it. Bunch of great people with common interest getting together for a good time. I forgot to add that some mightyfine Eggin goes on and a few adult refreshments as well.

Like to fish and do some woodworking but moving from Houma to Corpus, work, and setting up a new nest has gotten in the way lately.

Retired at the ripe old age of 54 in 2004, fished at least once a week, lots of woodworking and a bunch of volunteer work. Then my 401k became a 104k in 2008 so went back to work in 2009. :laugh: Really enjoying it. My first career of 31 years enabled us to live in Scotland, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Texas and then back to Louisiana. Our move to Corpus makes the fourth round of living in Texas.

My bride of 37 years, Chief Financial Officer, Head Judge, Critic, Boss, Taskmaster, and Roommate is also my traveling companion to Eggfest. We're empty nesters with 2 great sons and a DIL.

The Egg does fantastic Q but I find myself and many others geauxing way beyond Q on the Egg to the extent that probably less than 10% of my cooks are traditional Q and very few actually get sauced.

Nice idea Julie.
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    This is Great! My name is Jason and I have been Egging for just under a month. I cant wait to go to my first eggfest in Pittsburg and meet some of the great people I have gotten some woderful advice from. Thank you all!!!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Well for those that have not had an opportunity to get to know me I'm a former Vocational Instructor that taught Residential, Commercial wiring and Telecommunications Cabling for 20 years .
    Now I’m a self employed Electrical Contractor in Palm Beach County FL, Jupiter to be exact, east cost very close to Palm Beach.
    Started Egging 4 years ago and it has changed my life! Before the Egg I was an ok cook but with the help of BGE and this forum I’m a great cook if I say so myself. Daym my arm hurts from patting myself on the back!!!
    Julie is a new friend that I met on the forum and then at the FL Egg Fest in Ocala.
    KayNOcook is my wife of 20 years and she does cook but would rather that I do all the cooking and with BGE I’m glad to do so.
    We have 5 children from 49 to 21 due to both of us on our second time at marriage.
    We also have a little Papillon puppy, MollyJ named after our Granddaughter Jessi, that was taken from us at the age of 19 by a drunk driver. One grandson Eric 18 and one granddaughter Caylyn 2
    We love our Eggs, a large (Big Daddy), a medium (Suitcase) he travels with us, and a mini (Piglet).
    I love fishing and Gator hunting and we also by and sell old junk that many people call Antiques.
    The house in Jupiter FL is for sale and we will be moving to West Jefferson NC as soon as it sells.
    Thanks to all the great people that post on the forum and I’m sorry that I don’t have time to contribute as much as I would too.
    Remember if you don’t have something nice to say on the forum, well just don’t say it :) and NEVER FEED THE TROLLS :angry: .
    Nice to meet youins and looking forward to meeting ya in person at a fest someday :woohoo: .
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Hoss,

Just like my kids...in one ear and out the other. :laugh:
  • cleinen
    cleinen Posts: 102
    I am from Fargo. I have had my medium for 5 years and my large for 2 years. I really enjoy cooking of all different sorts. My wife is a neat freak so I have turned my garage patio into my own kitchen area.
  • My name is Scott and I live in Seattle (could ya tell?). I tend to be much more of a reader on the forum rather than a writer.
    Originally from Overland Park, Kansas, next was Wichita then Seattle in 1992. Beef in Kansas -- ya had to grow up with a grill around, right?
    We used to think that nothing could be better than our Weber, until I ran across a large egg at a going out of business sale, 7-8 years ago. Holy Cow. I still remember the first steaks. Then I fixed salmon and my wife married me all over again & my neighbor cried. Last week's oysters were declared to be the reason God gave us taste buds.
    Still have the large and my wife gave me a medium for our anniversary last year.
    We love trying different things on the egg but the best stuff always seem to come on the simple side, not much more than salt & pepper or Dizzy Pig for us. Spatchcock the chicken, tsunami spin on the wings/thighs and foiling ribs is too much work. Prime rib every Xmas eve. And have you tried a trout with a little lemon, some butter and diced onions?
    There are a lot of newbies recently -- welcome, if I can say that -- but mucho thanks to the forum vets. Our house has enjoyed more than a few great meals...
    scott
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Two year plus Egger...got hooked before I ever tasted the first cook by two crazy co-workers. Born in Indiana and graduated from Ball State University. Have lived in five states including Indiana, Ohio. Florida, Illinis and now Missouri.

I am a Hospital administrator that just celebrated my 30th year in the busines and also my wife and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary with two fantastic kids, a fifth year senior and a freshman going to school in Tallahassee. Employed by the University of Missouri in Columbia enjoying SOME aspects of empty nest, but not ALL...we miss the kids. Former AVID Beatles Memorabilia collector, thus the handle, thebtls. Avid racquetball player, much better than my age of soon to be 55 which is REALLY fun when a young buck picks up a game with me on the court. Part time artist and part time woodworker with little time to spare after work so the only real hobby is cooking on the egg...I read a MINIMUM of one book a week (typically novels) and have withdrawal when I do not get one read. Have been known to stay up till the wee hours of the morning after starting a book or finishing one so I can start anew the next day. Love my job and LOVE this forum. Love the attention and love to give it back. Keep On Eggin'
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Jim, I think you know that I just recently left Jupiter Medial Center. I worked with a lot of people you probably know, Gerrits construction, and a TON of subcontractors...small world. Lived in Palm City.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    hey kilts,
    think i saw you in great escape...welcome to the forum
  • My name is Katie and I live in Hoover, AL which is a suburb right outside of Birmingham. I have been married for 17 years and sadly no children, but we do have 2 cats and a dog. I have worked for AT&T for 15 years as a Retail Store Manager selling phones. We love to karaoke and have friends over to watch Alabama football.
    We bought the BGE about 3 months ago and my husband says I love it more than I love him. (The BGE doesn't leave dirty laundry on the floor). I cook on it about 4 times a week and everything thus far has been delicious. I read this forum every day and love reading about everyone's cooks and seeing the pictures. I have been given great advice and really appreciate everyone here. I don't post a lot, but I read just about everything!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Julie,

What a great idea. ;)

My names Adam and I first saw an Egg Dec. 20th of 2008 (Never forget that) My wonderful little wife had one ordered up for Christmas and it was here in time for a New Years dinner. Couple more to the collection and I'm pretty sure I need just one more. :P I'm an outdoors nut and hunt and fish much of the year. Play golf at absolutely every chance I get. I'm a smartass and jab people often. My new hobby is making eggheads. Love to downhill ski. Woodworking takes up the late evenings I'm not hangin here. Two awesome little boys 7,8.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that these green cookers are one of the biggest life changing things, outside the wife and kids. The forum is like the icing on the cake. I haven't met too many folks here, but the handful that I have met are such great people, I can't wait to meet more. I had the first 'mini frozen fest' last winter and can't flippin wait for the next (Februaryish...all invited) My wife still says to me "What would you do if you never got an egg?" Makes me shiver :pinch:
  • I think this is a very sweet thread.

My name is Tweev. I hold the record for the most complaints on the forum. I think you would think that I am a nice enough person if you met me. I believe respect is earned and not automatically given. I don't like bullies. I'm a social conservative and fiscal liberal. I read too much. I have won cooking contests. I have very good google shiu. I dislike poor spelling (although I am not perfect) - eg 'too' vs' 'to' and people who can't be bothered to learn the three there'their'they're's. I have traveled extensively and really enjoy veggie burgers. I think I prefer the US over Canada.

I have a large capacity for forgiveness but despise hypocrites who don't realize they are hypocrites (really, aren't we all??).

I am sending this from China.
  • Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    This really was a great idea :)

As you can tell by the handle, my name's Kenny and I live in Belle Chasse, LA which is about 10 miles south of New Orleans. I'm divorced and have actually enjoyed being single for the past 8 years. My 15 year old son lives with me in our 2 bedroom apartment, and I'm lucky enough to have my daughter, son-in-law, and 2 beautiful granddaughters living 2 doors down in the same apartment building.

Besides cooking, I enjoy fishing, golf, sports (especially LSU sports), music, & playing with my granddaughters. I play a little bass guitar, although it hasn't come out of the case much lately.

I've been pretty serious about BBQ for probably about 10 years, but finally got my LBGE a few months ago. Last year when I decided I would be getting the egg I started lurking here to learn as much as I could, and signed up a few weeks before I bought it. I really have learned a lot from a bunch of wonderful people here and hope that learning continues. Things have been a little rough here lately, but this really is a great site!
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    OMG What a great thread!
    I am an Egg dealer in central Florida that has been selling the BGE for 16 years. I own a pool supply store and this is a sideline, but it has become my passion. Nothing compares to the Egg and there is no other product that I know of in any retail field that has the following of the BGE.
    As a retailer, imagine a product that you can go on line and monitor the public response the items you sell and can address the concerns.
    The Egg is a fantastic product, but more important is the community that has evolve on the forum.
    It has become a FAMILY that has global connections.
    Absolutely incredible!