Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carolina EggFest

2»

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    You guys did a bang up job. It was great to meet you and your compatriot!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Thanks - We all really had a fun time (even though we spent a lot of the time holding down the tents) - Everyone was so friendly. Can't wait for the next one!
  • Thanks - We all really had a fun time (even though we spent a lot of the time holding down the tents) - Everyone was so friendly. Can't wait for the next one!
  • toothpick
    toothpick Posts: 154
    Well if I can add my $0.02, I'd like to say that I had a great time. This was my 2nd fest having gone to Eggtoberfest last fall. There were obvious differences, but I showed up knowing that this was a first-time effort for Josh at Casual Furniture. The food was really outstanding. I ate some delicious treats and learned some good tips. I'm grateful for their day-long efforts and the expenses that they took on to feed us. There may be some kinks to work out for next year, but I intend to be back for the 2nd annual Carolina Eggfest. Thanks to everyone who made for a fun (and delicious) day.
  • We selected the Winton Salem fest hoping for good barbeque and friendly folks - drove 16 hours from Maryland, but would have expended more time if needed – been to four (4) fests on the east coast – this was the best since cooks had time to share their excitement on how to utilize the egg combined with their great cooking skills – toward the end of the day, much to my dismay – could not sample any more, still personable cooks were preparing and serving great treats – the reason we all go to the fests is for sharing how to cook something new on a funny looking- really big- green device and meet new friends – my hopes related to the weekend were fulfilled – thanks to all who answered my questions regarding their recipes on this – one of our annual vacation weekends
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Well, I think I made my decision about not cooking at the Pittsburgh Fest. You guys are tough on the cooks!!!! I wasn't going to attempt cooking there anyways but you really should think about things before you type them. I'm sure you didn't mean it. People take things different sometimes.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Sounds like fun. So no alcohol? Is that the case at most eggfest?
  • Allegany - We really enjoyed talking with you and gleaning great ideas from you for next time. Hope to catch up with you again. You guys should plan a trip to the North Carolina foothills and come cook with the club some weekend.
  • Allegany - We really enjoyed talking with you and gleaning great ideas from you for next time. Hope to catch up with you again. You guys should plan a trip to the North Carolina foothills and come cook with the club some weekend.
  • shesmokes
    shesmokes Posts: 24
    Be kind. Remember you have to start somewhere! You really have no idea how much work goes into organizing an event like an EggFest until you do it. I'm sure your first cook wasn't perfect but you kept trying to you got it right? The 2nd one will be much better because everybody knows what to expect.
  • Capt. Rich
    Capt. Rich Posts: 153
    Rocrow, just doesn't get it. I think it was a charity cook. My son-in-law & I came 6 hours to cook. We did this to help our charity, we paid for the food, never thinking of asking for the $15.00 stipend, it went to the charity. We donated our cost for the food, lodging, transportation, registration, as others did. Everyone that came to our booth was grateful, hospitable, and appreciative.
    I might suggest from your comments, that you formerly owned restaurants. I can understand the "formerly".
    Might I suggest, just stay home & order a pizza next time.
    Casual Furniture, at least tried, and I thank them for that. It was my first Eggfest, and I will participate, and attend others. Good night to all.
    I had a great time. Capt. Rich
  • lakebndegg
    lakebndegg Posts: 28
    This was the first eggfest i've been to and it caused me to buy my first bge.Everyone there was great and answered all questions I had about the eggs.Good time good food good people.