Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sriracha Chicken Wings

Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Unbelievable flavor. Sorry it's a blurry picture

Picture041.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great combo, chick and siracha. Nice job!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    I am eating leftover "wings in the rain" as I read this and the look really good. Which recipe did you use and would you care to share it?
  • Mark0525
    Sure give me a few minutes to find it on here...they're worth it. Just don't try the sauce until they are on the wings or you'll throw it away :)
  • Mark0525
    Use you favorite rub on the wings

1 cup Apricot-Pineapple Preserves (I used Orange Marmalade)
    1 oz brown sugar
    1 oz honey
    1 oz sriracha sauce
    1 tablespoon finely diced green onion

Cook indirect 350-375 using 30-20-10 method (I use 2 wing racks) so I don't have to touch the wings.

While the wings are cooking mix everything in a sauce pan over med heat until blended well. (I cook for about 10-15 minutes)

Take wings off and brush with glaze

Very easy to do and excellent :)

I cooked 20 wings and had plenty of sauce left
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Mark-- Thank you I didn't see this the first time around and it would have been perfect to sauce the wings in the rain. One of my favorite flavors in the world is sweet/hot. Again Thanks.
  • Mark0525
    You're welcome. The wings I did the last couple times are the best I've ever had. Better than any restaurant and better for you than fried wings
  • THe sriracha/marmalade wings are awesome, aren't they? Looks good!
  • Mark0525
    Thanks, yes they are. My wife is still talking about them.
  • Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    Mark, even blurry they look great!
  • What exactly is this "30,20,10" method you refer to? And what does a "wing rack" do for you vice putting them on the grate?
  • Mark0525
    I don't use the 30, 20, 10 method because with the leg/wing rack they are basically hanging there and you never have to touch them. 1 hr and they are done period then sauce them if you want. I left some plain and they were great. Seriously try getting a rack and you'll love them. I have 2 of them which will hold about 2 doz.
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    I tried this last night hoping for something awesome but they didn't turn out as expected. The wings came out great, used a couple of different sauces, but there wasn't much of this mixture left, there was barely even a sweet taste to them. My glaze was pretty spicy, I tasted it, and I love spicy things, so I was afraid to even add any more to the glaze, but after tossing them in it and putting back on the BGE, the mixture just didn't seem to stick. I'm not sure if it needed to reduce more on the stove and get thicker, maybe more honey and get thicker, or what. I used Peach preserves.

I also used a Spicy Habanero Beer Mustard and one of my favorite bbq sauces on the rest, both came out excellent. Never done wings like this on the egg though, I had 2 full grates stacked using a woo2, we didn't even eat any sides, just wings :)
  • Try using these amounts,
    1-18 oz jar orange marmalade
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup sriracha chili sauce
    1/4 cup honey
    Mix together and bring to a boil and let boil for 15 minutes. Cook chicken on the egg at 300 for 1 hour, dip the chicken in the sauce, put back on 15 minutes and repeat one time. I have tried peach and apricot but marmalade is the best for me. Get the regular and not the sweet. I never thought I would find anything better than roadside chicken, but this is.