Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Watch your pork tenderloin

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After giving a fun (well I had fun) pork loin class at OKFest, I proceeded to taste my pork tenderloin skewers and they were beyond awful. I mean AWFUL. Since I've done these a million times before with great results, figured something was up. So I fished out the wrapper the tenderloins came in. They were from a local grocery store, not my usual Costco stuff. AHA. These were injected with a brine solution. 18%. Say what? 18%? The final product was mush. I could literally take the meat and squish it in my fingers. ick yuck. So apologies to all the poor students who probably thought WOW...is she all talk or what! So one addition to the class notes...watch what is in the pork you buy. A little injected solution is tolerable, but that 18% is WAAY over the top!!! Buyer beware. Sigh...Costco...how could you be so far when I needed you!!!

mShark-the-publically-humiliated

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Great post and tip Monica!
    Sorry for your embarrassment.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Bummers Monica :(

Alas, your reputation is still impeccable!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    That is a bummer... but we have all been there. the fine print is getting finer and finer... seems like they should have to post that in HUGE letters on the front so it is easy to see. I got chicken the other day and the same thing... gross.
    But I am sure everyone learned a ton from your time spent sharing with them.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Wow. That's a great "heads up". I hadn't thought I needed to check the package before now.

You're still my hero. :) Not your fault.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I had to stop a wally world today, while I was there I got a tenderloin. (I hate buying meat there.) As soon as I read this I went and read the package. Nothing about water in it. It tasted pretty good.