Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on Table for two large Eggs

pattikake
pattikake Posts: 1,175
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Hi Everyone,

I have a 90 inch slab of concrete once the shed is torn down. I was thinking about getting a table built about 70 inches long is that to big? Does any one have pics with that long of a table? Or should I two small tables? I have printed out the specs, now I need to find someone to build it. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Patti
Wichita, KS

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    So the hole has to be 21.5 inches, each. My first thought is you will have minimal prep room left. BUT, if you do your prepping inside (or where ever) and just bring the ready to cook product out on a tray/pan ect. I think that is big enough. Another thought. Tha big table will not be easy to move. You could cut it in half and have 2 tables. I'd post this over 'there'..hehe
    I think you will get better feedback from the builders in the group.
    Let me know what you decide to do. Hey, send your builder my way. Tell him I can cook. :laugh: :lol:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • pattikake
    I will not be moving it and it will not be on wheels it will stay put. I was also thinking about another table for prep and after cooking like a buffett. The slab is 90 inches wide and 70 inches in lenth. Thanks u so much.

Patti
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'd be interested in what others thoughts are.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • pattikake
    Hopefully someone else will reply.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I have built two tables, each for a large. Both are about 64" with the egg hole at one end. They work great for me.

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • AUPr8Hd
    AUPr8Hd Posts: 17
    Patti,

I'm building one now for one LBGE that is going to be 69". Once it's built, I'll post pics. We used the plans from NakedWhiz as a general base and added 12" (6" on the left and 6" on the right) for a little extra room. This may be a little overkill for just one. But, it should work perfectly when I get a mini :evil:

In looking at the size, I would think 70" may be too small for two LBGE. You're going to have very little room in between the eggs for much of anything
  • Memphistide
    Memphistide Posts: 207
    Mine is 72" and would easily hold another egg. I have 6 4x4s as post wtih casters on each. If you do this and want it mobile, use 4" casters.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=831581&catid=13
  • Pattikake,

I'm a little late to this post, but maybe you will still see this. My two eggs are both mediums and my table is 72" in length. I have a decent amount of room, but with two large, you may want to go even bigger. I'll attach a pic of my table so you can see how much room you might have. Remember, my eggs are both mediums though.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg
  • Lambchops
    Lambchops Posts: 166
    Base is 68" and top is 72". Those are large Eggs and I have plenty of workspace.Autumn09_126.jpg

And a lot of storage.
  • pattikake
    Thanks for the pic I am going for a 8 ft table.

Patti
  • pattikake
    Looking good. great lookin good. thank you

patti
  • EggerDan
    EggerDan Posts: 105
    Smoking Coles,
    Absolutely gorgeous. I love the color.

Thanks,
    Daniel
  • EggerDan
    EggerDan Posts: 105
    Lambchops,
    Great table. I like the extended front on table top.

Thanks for sharing,
    Daniel
  • pattikake
    Lambchops love the table, I am going to try and go for the same thing, Will post pics when I get it built. Thank you

Patti
    Wichita, KS