Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for Mrs. Puj's Upside-Down Apple Cake Recipe

Options
Rib-Rob
Rib-Rob Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I guess I am looking in the wrong place. I tried Submitted Recipes and did a Google-search on this site. I found the link, posted in Nov 2002, but that turned out to be a dead end. Anybody out there have it? Thanks.

Comments

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Rib-Rob, Mrs Puj did this at Eggtoberfest two years ago. It is UNBELIEVABLE, REALLY GOOOD.The Batter: 6 apples peeled and cut in wedges, one cup unbleached all purpose flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup melted butter, one tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp each of cinnammon, nutmeg and allspice. Smear a 10 inch cast iron skillet sides and bottom with butter. Sprinkle the sides and bottom with cinnammon sugar. Cut the apple wedges and arrange them in the skillet. In a bowl mix all the batter ingredients til smooth and pour over apples evenly. The Egg sould be stabilized at 420 degrees with plate setter/indirect setup. Bake at 420 for 40 to 50 mins or til a toothpick comes clean. Flip the cake out and let it cool upside down for 20 mins. The DRIZZEL: 1/2 shot glass amber rum and 1 cup maple syrup. Mix the drizzel and pour over the cake.

• Rib-Rob
    Rib-Rob Posts: 66
    Options
    tn slagamater,
    Deeply in your debt, Thanks.