Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bge Tree rat and fancy wine.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Dave,

Just wipe them with a damp cloth son. I have to go and hang myself now.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Steve, it's ok. I'll send you some Boone's Farm, March vintage. Clean bottles too.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• This a list from Jimmy. He says he now is are wine stewart and going to sell them on ebay. We took them out and they are dry. All the Yuqem labels came off but we can put them on.

All this is in French so don't ask me!
    1 box of Cheval Blanc (but it is red wine) 1998 in a wood box
    6 Peter V's wine 1973 from Russia but says France. we have six left of them 1 got opened
    2 Yuqem Yellow wine from 1959 2 of them. two of them that is from 1945 to.
    10 other Chevle Blanc from 1974 and 1981 and 2000
    Grand Vin Chatua la Tour from 1961 and 1965 says. The guy must like this it is the most there was of any kind.
    2 more of the ones with small labels like the one I broke says Lafite Sothebys London real small in regular pen on the label from 1961.
    Cindy is keeping her other Lafite ones.
    Dave Montgomery at Wheeling West Virgina
  • There is most of the Cheval blanc I meant. thats the one with the most.

There is a la Trachet to, only one of them.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Big Green Dave, you never cease to amaze me. You are so clever and sly to juxtapose the rustic roasted squirrel with such sophisticated wine.

I am ever so hopeful that you will grace us with your company at an eggfest. If you bring some of those wines, I will bring the Spam.
  • According to Google, driving time to Wheeling West Virginia from Boston is 10 hours. See you at midnight. If your mom is home, will it be ok for me to crash there?
    :whistle:
  • BigGreenDave wrote:
    There is a la Trachet to, only one of them.

rhymes with ratchet
  • Carolina Q
    the hits just keep on comin'. :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Jeff, it's only 6 hrs from Caledon! haha

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Only 1 1/2 for me! ha ha ha
  • Well. I'm only interested in the wine. You guys may be racing there for something else. :whistle:

And I don't think it's necessarily a problem if you both show up at the same time.
  • First one here gets the wine. Its to much trouble to sell on ebay.
  • EggerDan
    EggerDan Posts: 105
    Wow, I couldn't stop laughing :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Great pics and post to tell the whole story.

I want to party with your group.

Daniel

PS I really like your portable egg table.
  • It was moms idea to drink the wine with squirrel. :laugh:

If I go to a eggfest I will say hi.
  • We party hardy!
    Dave M.
  • MA egger
    MA egger Posts: 51
    Dave,

I'll admit it, I really can't tell if you've just played the best April Fool's joke ever, or whether I should be sobbing into my glass of $8 red wine while I ponder the Petrus and Yquem (sorry, Petr Vs and Yuckem). Maybe I'll share the gas cost with Stripsteak for a trip from Boston.

Whatever, thanks for the laughs (and tears).

Jonathan
  • Here is a poem Jimmy wrote that sums things up.

Love......the......Egg!
    Egg.......is........Kewl.
    Dave......is.......Incognito.
    It..........is........True.
    Friends...are.....Special.

:whistle:;)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    If they do they could share.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MA egger
    MA egger Posts: 51
    Say it ain't so, Big Green Dave, your postings are a ray of sunshine and moonshine to us all.
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Your family could become a reality show! :) :woohoo:
    Love that post especially the egg table. :)
  • I think that poem was written not by Jimmy, but by a woman named Anna Crosstick maybe?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Maybe she wrote it standing on her head?
  • Who said spam?

Spam crown roast B)
    IMG_0462800x600.jpg

IMG_0468800x600.jpg
  • It is with heavy heart and much chagrin that I cast myself into (relative) oblivion.

My departure may be detrimental to my growth as a devoted student of the ceramic cooker, but it is critical to my career development. I've signed a long term contract, with terms particularly favorable, to begin a series of lectures (generally re: metallurgy, though concentrating primarily on the efficacy of molybdenum as a catalyst in reactions aimed at precipitating heavy metals from sources of ancient groundwater -particularly ancient aquifers). Said lecture series begins first on the East Coast and continues to Europe, Middle East, and the Pacific Rim.

My joy at the discovery of this forum (and ceramic cooking especially) notwithstanding, I am looking forward to beginning a new chapter. I've frankly exhausted all possibilities: socially, by those afforded me by the good residents of the Oak Bluff Trailer Park and Truck Stop; and professionally, specifically any career advancement in loss prevention, front-end management, or carriage shagging at Target and/or Walm-Mart (whether hourly or salaried).

I am leaving my Big Green Egg in the capable hands of one James ("Jimmy") Cunningham, noted squirrel hunter and ladies' man (regional notoriety at best, locally, more plausible). He has, not surprisingly, decided to look after my mother, even going so far as to take up residency in our proud yet humble hovel. Her protection is assured, though her chastity, alas, may not be.

Think of me whenever you drink a fine Bordeaux, or when you sit in a 50 gallon plastic tub of luke warm water as subsitute for a genuine hot tub.

Adieu. Adieu, I say. I shall not return.
    ...parting is such sweet sorrow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I've known who you were all along - but never figured out how you found some of the pictures you did - especially this grand finale - those had to take you a while to collect them.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    My goodnessakes alive! Oh how your sudden mastery of the English language has left me in stitches! I so very much enjoyed this entire saga, the guessing, and the emails that provided new familiarity with Eggheads I did not previously know.

From here on I will wear my orange crocs with a nod and smile. Thanks to you, and best of luck to you always Dave.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    My gut said Stike too...back on day two.
  • Carolina Q
    Damn. An intellect.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That scoundrel