Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table suggestions/Dealer suggestions

Dex
Dex Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Thinking about buying a table for my Large BGE. Of all the pre made ones, what is the best wood? I've seen cypress, treated pine, cedar, and red cedar.

Which wood would be the best? We get all types of weather here. Rain, Snow, you name it we get it.

Any suggestions? I've just been looking on Ebay.... Any online dealers with custom tables that you would suggest?

Thanks

Comments

• Lanier Jim
    Lanier Jim Posts: 505
    Dex - my two tables are both cedar with a California Red stain/sealer. It has been great...water just beads up on it and wipes right off. Thus far - not a bit of warping, splintering, and cleans up like the day I finished it.

Let me know if you want to see a few pics -

Lanier Jim
  • Dex
    Jim, Yes I would love to see some pics! Your wood was just regular cedar or was it red cedar?

Thanks
  • Lanier Jim
    Regular cedar because I knew that I was going to use a heavy stain/sealer. Mine is also on the nakedwhiz website...looks like one table but is actually two with the mini being portable that we can take on the pontoon boat. Many times - I'll pull the mini out and roll it next to the chairs...then can sit and cook while enjoying a big boy beverage. :)

ScoobyandScrappy.jpg

MiniTable4.jpg

MiniTable5-1.jpg

LJ
  • Dex
    those are nice! Id like to make my own, but I dont have time. Where are everyone buying their tables at online? This way I can just stain/seal
  • Lanier Jim
    Mothership (BGE - just go to the website), Fred's music and BBQ, local dealer. If you check online for Big Green Egg tables or ceramic cooker tables - a ton will pop up. Cypress and cedar are the most popular in my eyes...both are very durable and do well in all weather.

LJ
  • Memphistide
    Memphistide Posts: 207
    i used treated pine and it has been great...I am waiting for it to dry a little before we stain it.

4gvo6.jpg
  • Other than Fred's where have people bought pre-made tables. Unfortunately I don't have the time or craftsmenship to make a table anywhere near the quality of the tables presented in this thread.

(I may use Fred's but I don't relish the thought of having to pick up the table at the trucking company depot. I doubt the table would fit in my car, so I would have to rent a truck or borrow a friend's SUV.)
  • TulsaMurph
    TulsaMurph Posts: 131
    Dex,
    Check out www.mykamadotable.com. It is a metal table, but really first class. I will post some pictures of mine as soon as I get a chance. The enclosed table gives you storage that keeps utensils out of the kitchen drawer,and charcoal dry.

Regards,
    John
  • TulsaMurph
    TulsaMurph Posts: 131
    These links seem to take a while do download, bt Here are a couple of pictures of the table:

MKTatJPsHouse-15.jpg

EGGFEST%20001a.jpg

Regards,
    John