Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fast Brisket is done...

Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I last left off with the brisket running indirect at 375° dome with some hickory smoke.
BGEFastBrisket0020.jpg

When the meat hit 150° internal I went to foiling. Back on the egg, I cut the heat down to 300° dome to slow things a bit. My target meat temp was 200° internal.
BGEFastBrisket0023.jpg

After hitting target I blanketed with more foil and rested the whole package in the kitchen oven, heat off, to rest for 1 hour. Then I pulled off the aluminum, threw on some hickory chips and seared the beef one more time.
BGEFastBrisket0024.jpg

With anticipation I sliced....
BGEFastBrisket0025.jpg

:woohoo: I did it!
Juicy, hint of smoke, flavorful, tender brisket! And with DP Raising the Steaks Seasoning this brisket tasted like steak especially around the crust areas.
BGEFastBrisket0028.jpg
Plated with coleslaw, some chips, a pickle and Becks brew to quaff. Outstanding! A big thank you to Vidalia1 for his recipe, "Fast Brisket"! :cheer:

Comments