Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Person with disabilty

popagar0
popagar0 Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
would like are they welcome to the fest also? my wife would love to go to the fest . but don t want to be an out cast, thank you. (PGO)

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I would check the location but as for the folks that attend you would never find a more helpfull group of great people.
  • popagar0
    pat too bad were are not in fla. thank you for your post :)
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    I can't help with the accessibility issues at the fest you are going to but fellow Eggheads would welcome her for sure. She would have had no problems at the Sunshine State Egg fest. I would say she needs to go and have a great time. I have been to the FL fest for the last five years and have only met great, friendly, kind and helpful people.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    The PNW Eggfest is completely handicapped accessible and user friendly. You and your family would be more than welcome here! :)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I can't imagine that at ANY fest that would be a problem as far as the eggheads go. Every fest has a different layout of the facilities and terrain.
    I have only been to 2 fest and both were in basically
    paved parking lots.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Plenty of time to plan for next year ;) Would love to meet you and with everything in one place it would be perfect.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Most Eggheads I know are all disabled in some way. B)

Heck yes, come to a fest. If needed, a few strong armed guys will carry her up a flight of stairs. Try to find the sober ones though.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Guess you forgot you met me. :laugh: -RP
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    we can't be any more specific since you haven't told us where you live/or what eggfest you two might want to go to. Care to share...that would help! BTW I know at ours in Peoria, IL everyone is welcome and will be accommodated as ours is in a parking lot with no walls, steps, nor nasty people!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • popagar0
    would to go to waldorf. thank you for your in put ;)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    You have to bring her, pure and simple. We took Kaleigh to one. These people will make sure she is welcome.
    The only disability in life in a bad attitude. Not my saying.

Mike
  • popagar0
    RRP & Mike thank for your in put . will work to get the wife to go this time. ;)
  • Facilities may be a question, but “out cast”???
    I’ve gotta’ say it will never happen!
    I just don't see that with these folks...Us folks!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    No way, I remember you well and you are a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Nice try you little trouble maker. :laugh:
    JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• I have been to Waldorf, and the fest is held in the Distributors parking lot, which is paved. I can see no problem with accessibility there. Don't wait to register because it may get sold out.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning popagar0:

You said you were planning to going to Waldorf...that location would be perfect for someone in a wheelchair. The fest is held in the parking lot in front of Seasonal Distributors and is fully paved, so it would work fine. Then the afterparty at the hotels is in the parking lot there, so there shouldn't be any problems. GO and ENJOY!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• popagar0
    thank you all! my wife enjoyed each of your comments. :woohoo: thank you eggheads. so papagar0 & mrs papagar0 will see you at Waldorf! thank all of you i know we will have a great time.