Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spider vs Woo3

Bulldog Mom
Bulldog Mom Posts: 242
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a lbge 8 months ago and I am going to purchase a mbge in a few weeks. I have many eggcessories for my large. But I want to do more. I have been looking at expanding my eggcessories to include a spider or a woo, esp. for stir frying asian food.

Any opinions on which one is better and why?? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I got my L egg in November and I'm also looking to buy a few more things. I was recommened to get the Adjustabel Rig and Spider Combo from the Ceramic Grill Store. They also sell the wok.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    They are completely different products to do completely different tasks. It would be like comparing a hammer to a crescent wrench.

The woo ring raises the height of the cooking grid from the fire ring to approximately the level of the gasket. If you want to do this on the large egg you should look at the adjustable rig to give you more cooking space and height options.

The spider is for the large that can be used to drop a smaller grid closer to the lump for searing, for holding a pizza stone and drip pan for indirect cooking, or you can flip it over to hold a wok or dutch oven.

The rig/spider combo is usually at a good price point and will accomplish everything you want. I never cook without them.