Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Live and let diet

AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
Kim and I have been following Alton Brown's method from the episode "Live and let diet", its on youtube. We're following it loosely as he says only 1 alcohol drink per week and that aint happening. We start out every day with a fruit smoothie which I really like. Then for lunch I eat a can of salmon, tuna, or smoked oysters for the omega 3 oil. We've been hitting the farmers market on the weekends and load up on leafy greens for salads at dinner. We still eat a steak or ribs one night a week. We are on our third week and I went from 212 to 196 and have dropped a pant size. We have done the Atkins thing several times over the years and had excellent results but always gained the weight back. This is more of a lifestyle change that I can live with. -RP

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    1 drink a week, alton said that :laugh: shoot the man :laugh: lifestyle changes seem to work, ive done the atkins and it works, pizza and breads sneak back in down the road and the weight comes back. chandged to cheap light beers for midweek and added some things i like like the tawney port, a nip of cold raspberry vodka or two and seem to be going in the right dirtection with what i find i can live with, especially when it comes time to stabilize the weight. down about 40 pounds in the last year and waist size is way down, figure to break below 30 inches by mid summer where i hope to keep it this time. now if i could find a way to enjoy excersizing, not much ice here and thats were most of my excersize comes from in the winter
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    We made a lifestyle change last year and have done pretty well with it. We both lost about sixty pounds each and have been maintaining since August. We're going to work at losing instead of just maintaining now. I'm looking for new recipes that will work with our caloric needs. Anyone have any BGE low fat/cal recipes to share?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    seasred tuna steaks is a good way to go, make it a weekly thing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eat more vegetable matter and less meat.  Keep meat portions to 4-6 ounces which is not a lot when you like 24 ounce porterhouse steaks.  When you are over 60 you cannot eat like a 21 year old any longer.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!