Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When stranded fix Breakfast Burritos!

eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My flight to NY was cancelled last night, then I came home to no power. So, I decided to make breakfast burritos for the morning. Last night I cleared the egg of four inches of snow and went to work. This morning got another six inches.

Prep (the frozen Hatch chilis were thawing in the sink)
IMG_1903.jpg

Onions
IMG_1905.jpg
Chorizo
IMG_1914.jpg

Breakfast Burrito

IMG_1946.jpg

Egg with reaccumulated snow
IMG_1947-1.jpg

I hope everyone out East is doing well, especially since you received at least twice as much snow!

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Rebecca,

I could sure use onea them.

It's nice to see Ol' Mother nature spread the wealth of weather with soo many this winter. :)

Eggs really do like the snow ;)
  • My egg and I both love the snow!
  • golffer
    golffer Posts: 144
    I know they look easy but is there a receipt posted somewhere?
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    You sure nuff just made me hungry...just got done the first pass with the snow blower....20" in some spots..23" in others...and this stuff is still coming down hard.....Now to fire up an egg...
  • Gee, I've never followed a recipe, but basically I scrambled egg, fry chorizo sausage, fry onions, make some hashed browns, add some beans (black, pinto, whatever), roasted green chiles (usually Hatch or poblanos), hot sauce (to taste), cilantro. I mix this together, then place on a 10 inch flour tortilla, sprinkle cheese, then fold the burrito bottom up and fold over the sides. burrito.

The proportions are dictated by what you like and the variations are endless. Hope this helps.
  • Come on Wess, you know the rules....if there are no pics it didn't happen. :laugh: So show us some updated photos of your snow.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Took a bunch...give me a bit to preview em and put em up
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Man, does that look terrific Rebecca!! That'll warm you up! What brand chorizo are you using? Stay warm! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Looks nice Rebbeca. We got a lot to. Calling for more on Monday. Glad you got your juice back on.

Mike
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Love Breakfast Burrito's.
    Eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, & green chili's are awesome together. Add in some grilled onion and salsa all wrapped in a large flour tortilla. YUM!!!!
  • Molly, the chorizo is from my local grocer, Dorthy Lane Market. They make is themselves and it is the best I've had. There is comparatively little fat in it compared to all the others I've tried from Latino stores. I don't even have to drain off the grease, yet is is moist and very spicey. Love it. By the way, their beef is Coleman beef from Colorado! :)

Sure wish I could I buy breakfast burritos on the streets from a cooler like back in Denver.