Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs in the Desert Info

Options
Boogie
Boogie Posts: 137
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any idea how we get more info on this eggfest? When you click on the link, it just takes you to the BBQ Island website and I can't seem to find a link there.

Comments

• Seidegger
    Options
    agreed, ran into same problem...want to go to my first eggfest
  • Smok'inCSI
    Options
    Hi Guys:
    The eggfest is going to be held on the Feb 15 in the parking lot of the bbq islands in tempe right by the ikea off of warner and the 10
    These guys really want it to work and they are going above and beyond to do great customer service and want to be the egg dealer here in phoenix
    They also carry the dizzy pig line of rubs
    Gotta love that new one called pineapple head
    if you all want anymore info just ask
    SmokinCSI
  • Boogie
    Boogie Posts: 137
    Options
    They are doing it on a Monday? I know govt employees have off, but it is going to be tough for a lot of us to make it. I'll have to take a PTO day.
  • BBQIsland-Tempe
    Options
    *****Updated Eggs in the Desert Schedule***
    Saturday Feb 13th - 9am - 4pm

BBQ ISLANDS Eggs In The Desert
    SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday, Meat and Greet:
    February 12th 5:00PM - 8:00 PM (For Cooks only, must RSVP)
    • 6:00 PM: BBQ Island 8425 S Emerald Dr Suite #103. Tempe, AZ. 85268 480-632-9227

Saturday, February 13th 8:00AM - 4:00 PM

• 8:00 AM: Cooks Sign in and setup
    •9:00 AM: Let the Eggfest Begin! The Eggs in the Desert Eggfest begins with the traditional "Lighting of the Eggs". Food will be available all day. Just wander from egg to egg to sample foods and discuss recipes and techniques with the cooks. Sign up for Prizes and give away.
    • 9:30 AM: Big Green Egg 101 Class with BGE Rep. Dirk Leslie
    • 10:30 AM: Class - TBD
    • 11:30 AM: Class with DR BBQ, learn from the best as he demonstrates his favorite cooking skills and techniques.
    • 1:30 PM: Iron Egg Set up
    • 2:00 PM: The 2010 Eggs in the Desert, Iron Egg Begins
    • 2:30 PM: Iron Egg: Turn-in and Judging begins
    • 3:00 PM: We will begin shutting down the demo eggs to allow for sufficient cooling time
    • 3:30 PM: Peoples Choice for cooks begins & Announcement of Iron Egg Competition Champion.

Demo Eggs:
    Big Green Eggs are available for purchase at discounted prices for registered attendees of the Eggs in the Desert. Pre-order your Egg package at time of registration. Demo Egg must be prepaid before the Eggs in the Desert Event.

http://www.bbqislandinc.com/store/bbq-island-eggfest-2010.html