Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

20 degrees (F) in Atlanta is "Chili" weather!!

Avocados
Avocados Posts: 465
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Although it does not feel as cold as the Saturday night after Eggtoberfest.....

Had cravings for some chili and corn bread!!
chili.jpg

I like to smoke some sirloin tips before then cut up into chunks along with just a few black beans and red kidney beans to add some color and texture.

cornbread.jpg

And a nice Imperial Stout for me while cooking (Sweetwater Happy Ending)

beer1.jpg

Hmmm.... Interesting Label :whistle:

beer2.jpg

Comments

• I think I just gave up O'Douls!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Jim,

See how easy it is to jump off the teetotaller bandwagon! I'm so proud...sniff.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Don't contribute to the delenquancy of fellow Egger's Steve!! We have enough demons of our own. :laugh: Chillie looks great! 3:00 am and 38 degrees while pouring rainright now heading to 17 degrees tonight with 15-30 mph wind! :pinch: :pinch: Pass a bowel please! :whistle:
  • Chili and cornbread - where West meets South. Looks and sounds great. Does cooking the chili on the Egg make it taste any better than on a stove? I've cooked cornbread on the Egg, but really couldn't tell any difference.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    The chili looks great but the beer picture would be better if Sweet Water actually knew how to brew beer.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • what's your issue with Sweetwater?
    they produce a fine variety of beer.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm not sure what to comment on first.... ok the beer label is hot!!! Oh, nice muffins too..hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JLOCKHART29 wrote:
    Pass a bowel please!

Oh please, oh please, oh PLEASE tell me that was a typo. If so, that's the funniest darned unintentional-comedy I've seen in a while. I'm not trying to harp on spelling (I have no room to talk). I just think if that was unintentional, it's pure gold.

Heck, even if it WAS intentional, it was still pretty dang funny.
  • Avocados
    I'm not crazy about some of their brews but found this one pretty enjoyable.
  • Avocados
    I did the cornbread in the oven (any extra heat in the house is welcome in this weather...) but like a little smoke flavor in my chili.

Chili on the stove is still good but smoke from a bottle is just not the same.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Ask the older guys. It was unintentional. I can't spell jack!! :laugh: I do see what you ment looking back! :P
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    JL,

I was gonna give Ben a heads up on that but figured you would be OK with it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I may have noticed that in the past, but I try to remember the good things. To me, JLOCKHART29 is the "I cooked some'en" guy who posts nightly (not as much lately) pics of his awesome meals, or "the guy with the parrot." But sometimes misspells become comedy gold to those of us with a childish sense of humor. I just couldn't pass that one up.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I havent made Chili all year, cept for my Smoked Pork Chili Verde at Eggtoberfest. I may have to make a big ole pot of red this weekend. Is there anything more versatile than leftover chili con carne?

Topping for Hot Dogs
    Topping for Burger
    Filling for Burritos
    Topping for Nacho's
    Filling for Omeletee
    Stand alone Dip
    Component of Layered Dip

I know Im forgetting one or two.