Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie Ribeye Roast Results

Options
Magicman_007
Magicman_007 Posts: 65
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone and thanks for all the help on this. As some may know, my egg was delivered on Monday. I cooked a couple pieces of Salmon and practiced with the temp control on Tue and Wed. On Thursday, for New Years, I cooked a Ribeye Roast. Here is what I did:

1) Bought 14 lb Prime Ribeye (boneless) Roast
2) Brushed with Balsamic Vinegar
3) Herb crusted with rosemary, thyme, garlic, and olive oil
4) Roasted it on indirect heat @ 250 until internal temp was 120
5) Let rest for 30 min in tinted foil
6) Put in oven at 500 degrees for 8 – 10 min
7) Sliced and served.

Ok, here is the good news, the roast was awesome. As you can see from the pics, from edge to edge, it was done evenly and not over cooked anywhere. It sliced great and tasted great. I was happy with the performance of the egg and it was easy to keep the temp once I got it going (there is a funny story in there for another thread) and with my remote temp gadget, I did not have to keep running out and checking the egg.

While everything was perfect, I am not sure I got anything by using the egg over my convection oven. I am not complaining mind you. I just do not know if it tasted any different. If I had it to do all over again, I would still use the egg. It was easy and I had the oven available for other parts of the meal.

Enjoy the pics and thanks soooo much for all the help I got on here.

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

Comments