Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Metal/Wood Egg Table Questions

Options
Midnight Smoke
Midnight Smoke Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Hi all!

I am getting ready to build a metal and wood table for my XL. The frame uprights will be 4X4 metal tube and the cross members will be 2X2 (may do 4X4 as well on these)All of this will rust naturally. The top and bottom shelves will be wood, I am thinking about using a finish grade of 3/4 Plywood stained and sealed.

Anyone done one like this (PIC's)? I was also thinking about extending the uprights and adding a small cover. The cover will be made from corrugated steel (this will rust also). My concern with the cover is the chance of a windstorm overturning the whole setup as it will be on wheels. Living in Southern Arizona we get some pretty good windy Monsoons at times and a few Micro Bursts. I could set the poles into concrete(no Wheels)but think that may not be the best idea.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Everything sounds great!

I would look at another material for the top though. It would, in time, delaminate.

If your table blows over, you will have much larger issues to deal with....like your roof coming off. :P