Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Late night help run

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
09:30 tonight, I was in the grocery with my wife & my phone rang. It was a friend who bought a egg a few months ago and has called me almost every time he has used it. LOL, I think I am his security blanket.
He had been out today & bought a digi-q and a 24# fresh ham. Wanted me to come set up the digi-q & help him get the ham started cooking.
Got the wife & groceries home and headed accross town to his place. That ham just barely fit in a large!! He is cooking and asked me to stop on my way to see a customer tomorrow AM. Looks like I get to do everything except buy & eat this ham. haha
Now to go sleep real fast so I can be up in time tomorrow. ;)

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Ok Tom, I get the message, I won't ask for help anymore! :woohoo:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Yea Big'un. Grow up!! :blink: :laugh:
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Not sure I would have driven that far to help anyone. haha He was only about 12 miles from home.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Think of yourself as an egg elf! :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    I would make a pretty big elf. haha He just called, thrilled, his egg stayed at temp all night & the ham is at approx 175. Another happy egger.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Terrific!! Job well done!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    It's the Boy Scout blood that is mixed in with the Egg Blood that causes this. Here's hoping that you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

The Grogan's
    Ms.Diane and Poppasam
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Tom, that is so sweet of you to do, especially the day before Christmas. No wonder Sam has nothing but nice things to say about you. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Been enjoying time with Sam & Diane, I'm hoping Diane is up to going out today. My sister invited them to her house to spend Christmas with our family. I would hate to see them alone at Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy & healthy New Year to you and your family.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Don't feel too put out Tom.

I remember about a year ago a guy that had been egging a long time had me show him how to set up a DigiQ. Sometimes the new gadgets can be a little tricky.
  • whtfarmer
    Options
    Before you know it your friend will be helping someone else. That's how it works.