Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped, Stuffed Quail

Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking quail on the egg tonight -- any thoughts on technique? Here is my plan of attack (subject to change):[p]12 whole quail
one onion
one green pepper
5 cloves garlic
1 pkg cheam cheese
salt
pepper
one pound bacon[p]mince onion, green pepper and garlic
mix with soften cream cheese
salt and pepper mixture and birds
stuff cavity with cheese mix
wrap with bacon
cook over 250 degree fire until bacon is done[p]EAT

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Sounds like a great appetizer for two people! LOL.[p]Jim
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Bama Fire:[p]You may want to pre cook the bacon a bit on a cook top or even better in a large fry pan placed in the oven to render some of the fat. Then wrap the birds with bacon and grill in the 325º to 350º range. The birds will cook faster than you think and the bacon may not be finished cooking. If stuffed, even cooked at lower temperatures, the stuffing may leave the birds before they are finished cooking. To cook properly, the birds need to be turned a time or two.[p]You may want to consider stuffing the birds once they are removed from the grill and prior to letting them being covered and rest before serving.[p]Just my thoughts, I find seasoned birds grilled hot and fast until the juices in the leg joint at the body runs clear then a short covered rest works best. Regardless of what you do, make them dance!
  • djm5x9,
    Thanks for the eggseclent suggestions. I will precook the bacon a bit.[p]gerry