Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL PICS RE-SIZED

Throwdown Geek
Throwdown Geek Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Due to technical difficulties (I suck with computers), some of these pics will have to be re-sized, so please refrain until you see that they have been properly sized

Comments

• # 3 and # 11 are same picture
  • thanks Gene, slip of one of my seven thumbs here ;)
  • maybe it's just me, but i really enjoyed it when folks posted a few photos, including the ingredients and prep photos. the step-by-step that some people posted were really informative.

and voting on-forum had a certain energy to it. there was actual conversation

i dunno.

it's as if the entire thing had been taken off line. we see one pic, and then find out who the winner is. it's a lot of work for these folks to do these cooks. what is he harm in showing the photos from their entire process?

maybe folks are worried about us figuring out who is who, and the votes getting tilted one way or another because of it. i don't think anyone has won these in the past simply because their ID was known, though. it just seems overly sanitized now.

i don't mean any offense, and everyone has an opinion, of course. i do appreciate the hard work of managing the pics and posts and voting, but i can't believe i'm alone in thinking the earlier contests were more fun for everyone (players, voters, lurkers, and all)...
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    me 2 :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I agree too.

I've participated in a similar one for about a year and a half, and it has open posting and now has open voting (meaning you can see who votes for who, and monitor the votes on a bar graph). You still only get to select one of your pictures for your entry photo, (which appears in a separate voting thread) but getting a feel for the how-to photographs is one of the things I like to see. I also like the bantor and blowing of smoke that takes place during the week of each contest.

It's also fun to watch how folks vote, this really helps in future contests.

Horserace2jpg.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Vote for More pics and on line voting!
  • Each person that wins gets to make these decisions.

Everyone sent in 3 pics, which would have been 36 pics to upload to photobucket, which we all know is a
    p-i-t-a.

Some people don't have much time to mess with what is involved in getting the throwdown up and running so until we have a set way to do things, we will have go by the most recent winners rules.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • i hearya.

i just go back to the first one. which ran itself