Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to buy

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased a large BGE and sold my old gas grill. After only four months I am ready to purchase a second bge and can't decide on either the small or the mini. Does the mini really work as well? Since it's only me and my wife, will the small save me lump (It seems that I'm wasting alot in the large Bge)? Any advice will help. I found the mini online delivered to my door for $219.00. Is this a good deal?[p]You all a great bunch of people. I have learned soooooo much from this site.[p]Thanks
Bradley[p]

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    bradley,
    just the wife and I here too and we have a L M & a S. The medium was a real surprise gift and while I like the verisality I find myself at the two ends - lo and slo pork, chicken, turkey and pizza from the large. The small can't be beat for nuking steaks and grilling burgers. Personally I'd go for the small over the mini - just for sake of grill size. The diameter of them in case you didn't know is
    L 18 M 15 S 12 Mini 9

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • The Other Dave
    Options
    bradley, It's a matter six for one, and a half dozen for the other. I got a small after the large and lastly the mini. To my surprise, I use the mini more than the small by a ratio of almost 2:1! Since the mini costs much less and is GREAT for picnics (the "small" really ain't that small) I would get the mini next, then the small.

• tn slagamater
    Options
    bradley, in deference to other dave, I like mini but love small egg.Both use much less charcoal. The small holds MUCH more cooking area than the mini... Where are you? Small should cost $220 and mini about $130... you must be in a long distance, high freight shipping zone...Are you distant from Atlanta???

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    bradley,[p]I have a Small and a Mini in addition to my Medium. I probably use the Mini more than the Small. The Mini is very portable, which is cool for camping or tailgating, if that's something you do. Either way you can't go wrong.[p]TRex