Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ II & Daisey wheel

Options
Grill Sergeant
Grill Sergeant Posts: 40
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to control the temp. When using the Digi Q II ? I use both the fan damper & the DW. Is this the correct way ?

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    if you have the 10 cfm fan i would close the damper about half way for low temp cooks, and just have the slightet crack on the daisy
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    For a starting point here is what I do. There are a lot other ways but this is how I setup for a low and slow overnight cook. I have a CyberQ II and I close my bottom damper so that it is up tight to my 10 cfm fan but the fan has a damper that I set on the 1/3 mark. I then have the daisy wheel closed and turn the peddles where you can drop a tooth pick in the opening. Tim

Hope this helps ;)

000_0830.jpg

000_0906.jpg
    000_0910.jpg
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I set the Pit Viper (10CFM) damper to about 1/4 for the SBGE, and 1/3 for the LBGE and XLBGE. Keep the daisy wheel settings the same as you normally would.
  • Grill Sergeant
    Options
    Thanks guys ! I have the 10 CFM fan and from what you have said, I am pretty much in the ballpark with my adjustment.