Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to Paint my old Egg

Options
Eggtastic Joe
Eggtastic Joe Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Off Topic
So I just purchased a vintage egg from a deceased neighbor who bought it more than 20 years ago according to his son. It need somme love so I ordered new gaskes, new bands, a new vent cover, and now I need to paint it. How, what, do I use to paint it??? What about Rustoleom High Temp paint?? Any ideas??
Thanks!

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Love to see a pic of a vintage egg that old.
    Someone on the forum has a gold painted egg but I do not remember which member it was, sorry.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    probably be fine. you may want to ask around about max temp on that egg, some of the older ones were made of a different material and only are good up to about maybe 400. im not sure when they changed to the newer ceramics that take the high heats.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Only thing I would suggest is using high temperature engine paint.
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    Options
    I have just painted an egg that is over 20 years old.

Actually, it is the second time that it's been painted.

I did use the high temp grill paint and have had no

problems. This is a clay egg which is fine with the

Rustoleum grill paint. Go for it..