Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about Atl Egg fest

Options
PlanoPokes79
PlanoPokes79 Posts: 207
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
got friends in Atl that want to come by and see what the egg is all about, is this open to the public or just ticket holders? Thanks

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Just ticket holders....but the BGE store is open at other times for a visit...
  • PlanoPokes79
    Options
    That's not right.....oh well, they were looking at getting a Primo XL anyway.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Plano,

If he is so fickle, then he should probably just go ahead an get the Primo! I doubt they have an annual Fest with thousands of people like this fest, plus smaller fest all over the country. I KNOW they don't have the quality of Forum interaction as found here.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    This individual has no connection to the Plano Outlaw Gathering.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Didn't think so, given the posts he made !

What are the details for the Plano gathering? Nov 7, right?
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Yes, Nov.7 I'm waiting to give more details until the weekend is over. Email me and I'll fill you in!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    It's OK we'll still help him cook on his cooker..
  • PlanoPokes79
    Options
    All I was trying to find out was, if they could come out and sample some of the cooking, did not realize it was a closed event. if they are trying to promote the egg, what not a better place than with hundreds of people how enjoy them as much as I do. They were looking at the Primo all along and I was trying push them towards an egg, but if they couldn't see them in action they going to go ahead and get the Primo, Sorry to offend everyone, wasn't my intent..guess I am in band camp now
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    There will be 1500 people attending in a rather small space. If BGE did not limit the number of people attending Eggtoberfest than that number would probably triple.

If you friend seriously want to see the egg in action bring them over to the host hotel Saturday evening. The after-party will be in full swing. The eggs will be cooking and they get to ask questions of some serious eggheads. Nature Boy, Hatch, Dr. BBQ and a dozen more will be there cooking and having fun.

However, if they are dead set on buying a primo with it's limited warranty and even more limited forum we'll still be happy to show them what it can do.
  • PlanoPokes79
    Options
    Thanks so much for understanding and not attacking first. I will let them know and see what happens. Glad there is some open mindedness on the forum, I have gotten alot out of it for the short time I have been involved. I have several "other" cookers but they will go unnamed for know (may unlease more attacks), but really enjoy the egg the most. Seems like they would move to a venue that would hold more people...oh well. Don't think I will be posting for a while. Thanks and take care.
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    Plano,

You are taking things way too personal here. No one attacked you. If you are attending this weekend or ever attend, you would realize how out of control this event would get if they didn't put some kind of cap on it. The fire marshall has determined the 1500 people is the limited number of people that can gather based on the given square footage. The fest is "open to the public" but it is a ticket only event. Sports events are generally "open to the public", but based on a fixed space they only allow guests with tickets. There is a lot of beer and food to be had, but they have to put a cap on it. There has been talk of moving to a bigger venue, but right now they literally wheel the eggs out the back door. Besides the cost of renting a space large enough and transporting eggs to another location, you have probably easily doubled the cost of tickets to the event. I missed out on tickets this year myself and wish I could attend, but I understand that they have to draw the line somewhere. Hope you and your friends can get signed up next year and come enjoy the food and fellowship with other grill(read egg) enthuseist.