Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gameday Grilling Event at BGE HQ!

Options
Paul58
Paul58 Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was at the Gameday Grilling event to today at the BGE HQ in Tucker, GA. This was our first official Egg Event! We missed getting ticket for the Eggtober Fest, so this was our only other opportunity to eggsperience an Egg Event. Bobby of Bobby Q fame and Kevin Rathbun did cooking classes and provided samples of some of the best dishes we'd tasted in a long time. We also had the distinct pleasure of meeting Big Un and taste his BBQ Sliders. Meat was provided by Buckhead Beef and the beer was provided by Sweetwater Brewing. Needless to say, there was plenty of awesome food and drink for everyone! The Radio Station that sponsored the event gave away a Mini Egg to one lucky gentlement, and a Large Egg was Raffled off to benefit the Golden Shield Society, an agency who help the families of fallen and hurt Law Enforcement Officers and Fire Fighters. We didn't win either, but did manage to snag us a Mini and a ton of eggcessories at a good price while we were there! There were also several representatives from local Police and Fire Houses competing for a purse of $500.00. The poor Police Team didn't have a chance because we all know Fire Fighters know how to cook! The Second Place Competitor, a fire fighter, only missed 1st Place by 1 point, had never cooked on an Egg prior to today! I'm betting he's now joined the ranks of the rest of us Eggheads. It was a blast, even though we were told it was much smaller than the Eggtober Fest, oh well, maybe we'll make it to the big event next year! It was exciting to actually visit the Mother Ship and rub elbows with some truely legendary Eggheads!

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I am glad you had a fun. I spoke to Tom (rusty rooster or rusty rooster not logged on :P ) and he said it was a great time.
  • MtnBlue
    MtnBlue Posts: 109
    Options
    How many people would you guess were there today? The radio station didn't expect more than a few hundred while Bobby expected many more. I wonder who was right?
  • Paul58
    Options
    MtnBlue wrote:
    How many people would you guess were there today? The radio station didn't expect more than a few hundred while Bobby expected many more. I wonder who was right?

Hard to say, but it sure wasn't crowded, and no one went away hungry or thirsty! I would guess there were less than a hundred at any one time, but folks were coming and going all day. We managed to tough it out from start to finish, not wanting to miss a moment of the eggsperience! It was truely a beautiful day for an Egg Fest!
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I heard a number of around 400 through out the day. Bobby would know for sure.
  • Paul58
    Options
    Crimsongator wrote:
    I heard a number of around 400 through out the day. Bobby would know for sure.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that many, you including the participants in that number? But then again, folks were coming and going. I know there was never much of a line to get any of the food or beer, and we never felt like we were being crowded (and I don't do crowds well at all)!
  • Pickle
    Pickle Posts: 74
    Options
    I will say this. I demo cooked for the event, and as soon as food came off, more food went on. Very busy, but I had a ball meeting everyone, and I can't wait for Eggtoberfest.

Pike
  • Pickle
    Pickle Posts: 74
    Options
    I have to say a little more about the food. Buckhead Beef brought out all the filets, strips, high end brats and dogs. Rathbun was grilling up dry aged prime rib eyes. Very good stuff for a very good cause. I was impressed, and I would encourage more folks to attend this one next year. Not to be missed.

Pike