Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To enclose or not to enclose

Options
GaryBushey
GaryBushey Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
I have been looking at all the various tables posted (and there are some very nice ones!) and was wondering why people chose to enclose or not enclose their tables? Just looking for some pluses and minuses to enclosing (other than amount of time/effort/wood). Thanks!

Comments

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Enclosed for water and snow proof storage and I already had the wood.
  • Crash
    Crash Posts: 32
    Options
    The biggest reason I saw for leaving it open is if you have to move it. I am very strong, but those pieces are really heavy. It could be designed with a removable piece across the opening that would be removed by pulling the screws. If you are in the military and move often, you will appreciate not having to lift it over the table top. This is based on hind-sight. The plans I used enclosed the table top. After moving over 6,000 lbs myself that weekend, any way to make it easier would have been great. I also have to move it again from the apartment where I HAD to set it up "No way I am going three months with out the BGE" To the new house.
  • Crash
    Options
    The biggest reason I saw for leaving it open is if you have to move it. I am very strong, but those pieces are really heavy. It could be designed with a removable piece across the opening that would be removed by pulling the screws. If you are in the military and move often, you will appreciate not having to lift it over the table top. This is based on hind-sight. The plans I used enclosed the table top. After moving over 6,000 lbs myself that weekend, any way to make it easier would have been great. I also have to move it again from the apartment where I HAD to set it up "No way I am going three months with out the BGE" To the new house.
  • Crash
    Options