Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggFest Salmon

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone at Eggfest made salmon that was really good. Does anyone know who and how I can get the recipe?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    RamblinWreck,
    Nature Boy did some with a maple and butter glaze, if that it is what you are reffering to....heres the link to his site and recipe...[p]Wess

[ul][li]NB`s Salmon[/ul]
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    RamblinWreck,[p]Are you referring to the recent Eggtoberfest...JAppledog did a jerk salmon there, but if you're referring to Eggfest in Waldorf, MD back in May, that's the Nature Boy recipe with maple syrupand butter glazed.....[p]QBabe
    :~)

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    QBabe, the Pacific salmon that I brought I actually did at home - I came by plane, was travelling light and wanted to serve it coldish. I think it was Coho and it was caught, NOT farm-raised. [p]I used a Hi-Mountain brine for about 3 hours, rinsed it and let it air dry for about 2 1/2 hours. Then I rubbed on Mrs. Dog's Jamaican Jerk Marinade and (real) maple syrup & let it sit for another hour. Then my wonderful husband smoked it for me at 200 degrees for about 2 hours, maybe a bit more as it was quite thick. I had asked him to use sugar maple and cherry but he just now admitted that he used only cherry....[p]I hope that you got some. It was one of our better efforts. I am only sorry that my husband didn't make it to Atlanta this year. (Next time I'll bring the wine).... JCA
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    RamblinWreck, that was Dana Kress I believe who did all that salmon. Hopefully, he will share his method.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Julie,[p]I DID get some of your salmon and it was delicious! I sadly missed the lime wasabi stuff, but heard it was killer good...oh, well, maybe next time...[p]Speaking of husbands, my mom came into town last night and when I called Mr. Hyde to ask him to run up to the store and pick up a couple of chickens for dinner, he told me he already had a turkey breast in a brine and some pork tenderloins marinating...what a guy! [p]...and next time, I'll bring a real glass...the coffee cup just wasn't right! [p]Tonia
    :~)