Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lost 8lbs.and need some carbs PIZZA

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have not had a pie in four weeks and tonight I need a break.Autolyse baby Bella mushroom pizza with some fresh basil on top.Plus Fresh mozzarella,cheddar,and some harviti and Parmesan sprinkled on top.I was in heaven.

002-28.jpg

003-27.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great, despite those nasty shrooms :) Glad you endulged, you done good.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Thank you Molly for the comment.Next time there will be red and green pepper slivers on top along with some pepperoni and sweet Texas onions and a little bit of prosciutto hiding under all of that cheese to bubble up and get gooey and then chow down.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You tease me my friend :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    Hey I think I found those 8 lbs. you lost. You want them back? I don't need them.
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    If I want to gorge on pizza, I bring my nephew. He likes the crust. That way I hit the topping with a little crust and stay away from the carbs.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Nice looking pie Bill,I can't go that long without a fix.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    looks good. next time you decide to make pizza try to use some garbanzo & fava flour to make the crust. You will lower the carbs and increase protein and fiber. Add a little milled flaxseed too.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Bill, if I am not mistaken, I have seen that pie before, have you posted similar looking shroom/basil pies prior to this? Perfectly symmetrical always? If so, bravo, I love them every time you post them, have to do one, never did this combination but love both ingredients individually, just looks so damn tasty
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Darnoc
    Options
    I always space my ingredients in a even manner around the pie.The first time that I did that my wife asked me why does it take you so long to get those mushrooms down? Then seeing it after it cooked she really liked the way it turned out.So now that is the only way that I do it.
  • BConk
    BConk Posts: 72
    Options
    Darnoc wrote:
    I always space my ingredients in a even manner around the pie.The first time that I did that my wife asked me why does it take you so long to get those mushrooms down? Then seeing it after it cooked she really liked the way it turned out.So now that is the only way that I do it.

Beautiful!

That's the luxury of making the pie on a pan...you have all the time in the world to arrange the toppings

I make them on a wooden peel dusted with cornmeal or semolina. I have to work as quickly as I can or it will stick when I try to peel it onto the stone...and then I'll have a calzone ;)