Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BOB

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Rubbed 7lb butts with Bad Byron's and Magic Dust
Brisket(12.4lb) rub was XYRN2B's RES-Q Rub Beef:silly:
No shiny stuff used during production bubba tim ;)

Pulled brisket when fork tender, let rest for about 3 hours while pulling the pork. I think the carryover dried out the tapered end of the flat? Next time I may try to select a packer with more uniform thickness. Or chop and add the smaller end of the flat into the burnt ends :woohoo:

Used Rondezvous BBQ Sauce for the burnt ends, my favorite part of the cook B)

Please click on thumbnail
th_004-4.jpg
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hi XYRN2B,

Great looking cook, everything looks perfect!

Gator
  • Focker
    Thanks for the kind words Gator Bait
    Brisket is a work in progress for me
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Gator Bait
    I think we all have our works in progress, if we didn't life would be so simple. I have rub recipes that will always be works in progress I think.

I haven't tried a brisket yet so you are ahead of me. I am on a very tight budget and every time I look at ribs I see a huge pile of bones that I am paying for so I haven't done ribs yet either. LOL, those are my works not yet even in progress. I have a long ways to go. Now that rib eye steak tonight was perfect!

Gator
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Well ya got me Bob. You are right, I do use shiny stuff on my brisket. I call it juices, some call it mosture. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

013.jpg

012-1.jpg

Also, you don't use the first 3 to 5 inches for pics. The end is the driest part as you found out. Nice smoke ring.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • bubba tim
    008-1.jpg

Notice all the shine on the plate. :whistle:

003-1.jpg

The shine on the outside is not from being wet. It is the way I make the bark. :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Awsome looking cook Brandon. Can't beat those burnt ends.
  • Focker
    Gator Bait,
    When you decide to try brisket, check Walmart for packers. They were $1.80/lb
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    bubba tim,

nice lookin' briskets :)

I bet those were the ones you experimented with foiling :woohoo: :woohoo: JK

I usually try to get the pics out of the way first thing. Need to calm down with the camera ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    ILL--EGGER,

Probably my favorite barbecued treat :)
    Thanks
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bubba tim
    Damn, busted again....you know how I likes foil. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Gator Bait
    Thanks XYRN2B, I have been wondering where to look for packers, I have seen a lot of small flats around here but no packers.

Gator