Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs and Stuffed Pork Loin (Heavy pics)

Options
Eggerman1
Eggerman1 Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay been a little lazy but here are my Sunday and Monday eggers.

Sunday was baby backs with some KC Rib Doctor and DP Dust and the 3-1-1 method. They were amazing again!

The Raws:
DSC_1087.jpg

After 1 hour of foil time, total of 4 hours into cook at 230:

DSC_1090.jpg

And glazed with BH Tennessee Hot and Baby Rays Jalapeno:

DSC_1094.jpg

Now tonight I did the roll cut stuffed pork tenderloin.

Stuffed with:

Roasted red peppers, garlic cloves and cilantro (chopped in food processor), BH rasberry chipotle jam, fresh shredded monterrey jack, and fresh spinach with DP raging river all over the meat.

The prep:

DSC_1096.jpg

Tied and rolled:

DSC_1097.jpg

Ready to slice:

DSC_1101.jpg

And sliced:

DSC_1103.jpg

And plated with roasted veggies and home made taboli by the wife:

DSC_1108.jpg

It was amazing, the rasberry chipotle made it sweet and spicy, but should have used more.

Cooked at 325 until 140, indirect and then let sit for 15 minutes.

Next time I am thinking of stuffing with some spicy sausage, BH tennessee red, cheese and peppers.

Comments

• JLTx2
    JLTx2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Food looks excellent! Please tell me what the 3-1-1 method is.
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    3-1-1 was not invented by me, can't remember who started it, but it is a way of doing ribs.

3 hours at 225 indirect with smoke chips (on these I used some left over pecan and cherry)

1 hour in foil with liquid ( I used equal parts apple cider vinegar and apple juice, about 1/2 cup)

1 hour of back on the grill all while maintaining the 230-250 range on the grill. I find it helpful to let the temp rise throughout the cook to 250-260 for the last two hours.

The idea is that the foil time moisten the ribs up, thirdeye (legendary egger) brings his back and only does foil for 40 minutes, all depends on your liking, I will probably go back to 40 minutes as I like the meat to be a little less "fall off the bone", but the tenderness is unbelievable.

Now I have nothing against the method of letting the ribs go 5-7 hours without foiling but, I find the ribs aren't as tender, but they do have a great candy on the outside.

Egg on!
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    Wow! Great looking food, the stuffed tenderloin looks amazing.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Great cook and great pics. What a good combo! ;)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I love that BH TN RED! I do add a little heat to it! B)