Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead on Board

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just before Christmas I saw a "Wanted - Big Green Egg" in Craig's List and the person was from Spring Texas USA.

So I took the liberty to write, mostly to say "don't hold your breath," and that used BGE's were rare because most Eggheads wouldn't think of parting with theirs. I suggested instead that she consider going to an Eggfest where discounted 'used' Eggs were available. I mentioned the upcoming Texas Eggfest.

I didn't hear a word until yesterday when I received an email reply from Marlene1157 saying she finally got her BGE. She asked for some advice on cooking and accessories. You know me, I'm full of both, along with some other stuff. So I took the liberty of giving her a few tips: mostly to watch the video a couple of times, pull, don't push the Egg, use natural lump charcoal and no starter fluid, etc. I also mentioned that the plate setter would be my first choice for an accessory and then grow from there. You know, the usual stuff.

I also told her that this Forum was the best place to find all answers to all her questions.

She seems to be real "Eggcited" about her new Egg, so join me in welcoming her to the 'cult.'

Spring "Spring Texas Welcome Shopping Cart" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Welcome Marlene. :)
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Welcome Marlene,

We have another woman griller Yeah!!!! :):):)

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Options
    Welcome Marlene!

Girl Power! :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Welcome aboard Marlene! Now if I can just get new egger, Janis S in Peoria, IL to join our ranks there will be yet another gal here!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Marlene1157 welcome to the Egg Heads. You could not ask for a better person for advice to get started. Feel free to ask your questions and may you have lots of great cooks.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    :) Hey Marlene, welcome to the support group. We're glad you're here.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Welcome aboard Marlene, just be careful around the chicken, heard he is quite the womanizer. I even heard he won Spring Hen in a poker game. :laugh: -RP
  • EGGcited
    EGGcited Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to read all the posts on this thread. I will a little later today. But yes, Spring Chicken has been tremendous help so far in giving me pointers. I looked at a few of the videos last night that he posted at the BGE events. I might bring down the average age of the eggers by a couple of years. Your videos had me laughing...the "lucky mon" one of your neighbor cooking his hot dogs. i can tell your a hoot. you have as much enthusiasm about your BGE as some people do about religion. If i can figure out how to use the image button above, i'll post a pic of me and my BGE.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum Marlene1157.

You couldn't do any better than being under the wing of Spring Chicken.

GG
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I met Spring Chicken (and his lovely wife) in person for the first time two weeks ago. He is a wonderful asset to this board.

I can't think of any better advice than to "second" all of the advice already given, especially reading this board and never hesitating to ask questions.

Freddie
    League City, TX