Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead on Board

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just before Christmas I saw a "Wanted - Big Green Egg" in Craig's List and the person was from Spring Texas USA.

So I took the liberty to write, mostly to say "don't hold your breath," and that used BGE's were rare because most Eggheads wouldn't think of parting with theirs. I suggested instead that she consider going to an Eggfest where discounted 'used' Eggs were available. I mentioned the upcoming Texas Eggfest.

I didn't hear a word until yesterday when I received an email reply from Marlene1157 saying she finally got her BGE. She asked for some advice on cooking and accessories. You know me, I'm full of both, along with some other stuff. So I took the liberty of giving her a few tips: mostly to watch the video a couple of times, pull, don't push the Egg, use natural lump charcoal and no starter fluid, etc. I also mentioned that the plate setter would be my first choice for an accessory and then grow from there. You know, the usual stuff.

I also told her that this Forum was the best place to find all answers to all her questions.

She seems to be real "Eggcited" about her new Egg, so join me in welcoming her to the 'cult.'

Spring "Spring Texas Welcome Shopping Cart" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments