Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP's Pork Chow Mein

Options
ILL--EGGER
ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Recently got the adjustable rig with spider and wok from the ceramicgrillstore.com and couldn't wait to try out the wok with RRP's chow mein recipe. The wife and I both loved it and had alot of fun makeing it. Here are a few picks from last night:
Oiling the wok
prepareingthewok.jpg
Marinated Pork and Onions
PorkandOnions.jpg
Action shot :laugh:
stirfryingaction.jpg

Comments

• SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Options
    That looks both fun and tasty. I can't wait until mine arrives. Any tips on using the wok?
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    We've been starting to do some Asian cooking around here, the Chow Mein looks good.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    looks good Steve! As much as I love that meal and woking on the egg I really don't know why I don't do it more often! Besides woking is like baking - another thing you can do on the versatile BGE that makes people slap their heads and say "are you kidding? you did THAT on an egg?"
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    When you get ready to start cooking close the bottom slider as you cook with the lid open feeding it oxygen the whole time and if the bottom is open you can get a serious fire :blink: .