Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Discovery Channel Last Night

Options
Ala-Egg
Ala-Egg Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone see that show on Discovery last night about all the problems wild pigs have been causing? All I could think about was how much pork for the BGE that is!

Comments

• BigMojo
    BigMojo Posts: 20
    Options
    By Florida Law (where I live)...they are feral. You can shoot as many as you want all year long. Now land owners/lease operators may limit you on seasons, numbers, method of take and since most of the good hog hunting area is privately owned...

Now, flavor, not nearly as good, boars especially are gamy, and in summer they are not very good as the fat reserves are minimal, and they carry all kinds of fun parasites.

You have to be VERY careful dressing and handling raw meat, as it's almost a guaranteed case of bochelism if you come in contact with blood, and that gets in your mouth etc...I always wear gloves. My friends to a big Carolina style boar roast every spring with in the neighborhood of 200lbs of wild hog. (The egg will be going with me next year...)

Just some insight, your mileage may vary, laws and quality of meat differs from state to state.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Georgia is the same way same type of laws on Feral pigs...