Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griddle-q VS> Sizzle-Q

emilluca
emilluca Posts: 673
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
http://www.littlegriddle.com/GQ-vs-SQ.html
Lets hear what everyone has to say. Did watch someone use a griddle-q at Peoria. I like the price of the sizzle-q.
Any ideas girls and boys?

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    Most times my motto is "buy once, cry once". But that is a big price difference. I would wait to hear from someone with first hand experience. I wonder if the Sizzle-Q has the cross members underneath like the Griddle-Q.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    At $49.95 for the qriddle q price should not be a problem. AlwaysGolf picked up one for himself and one for me at an outlet store: Williams-Sonoma/Pottery Barn Outlet store. This was in Texas but should be all over the country. It is the one that fits the egg. Just look at BB's post. Find an outlet store fast.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i use soapstone griddles, alot less than that expensive one. my bigger griddle is also my pizza stone, i use the reverse side for pizzas
    2005231234.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Your answer is here:

http://www.littlegriddle.com/

Just scroll down the page a bit.

The Griddle Q is considerably thicker metal and has a lifetime warranty among other things.

The Sizzle Q has a one year warranty.

I'm sure both do pretty much the same thing.

While you are on their web site take some time to look at what people are cooking.

If you still have a gas grill, you can do like we did and give it new life with the Griddle Q. It is so easy to cook breakfast now that I don't give another thought to doing it.

Remember, anything you can get cooked on a griddle in a road-side restaurant you can cook on your Griddle Q.

Spring "Sizzling Griddle" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Emil,

It was I last Sat that you saw. BTW note you're in the picture too at the top left hand corner!
    004-1.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    RRP wrote:
    It was I last Sat that you saw. BTW note you're in the picture too at the top left hand corner!
    004-1.jpg

RRP,
    I love that griddle idea, but have to ask about something else, what is the 'trick' with the temp probe shown? Just courious
  • emilluca
    Yep and you sure was an expert at it.
  • emilluca
    That can work. Certainly the cast iron round griddle has worked for me. You know it just boils down to a nice looking toy. A VW can get you there but a Cadillac sure looks better and rides better.
    I am trying to economize as I mature.
    Boy that is scary.
    E
  • emilluca
    I was hoping someone has bought a sizzle-q and can give a first hand testimony.
    E
  • RRP
    That is a Tel-Tru 200-1000° thermometer with a 5" stem which is 1" longer than BGE OE thermometer. So I use the toy wood wheel to take up half an inch and the other half doesn't seem to bother anything! Besides it seems to insulate the thermometer so the case doesn't get blistering hot either since I remove my thermometer immediately after every use.
  • RRP
    expert? :laugh: :laugh: fooled you, huh?