Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Me and my chicken

Options
Brant
Brant Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's been a while. Since my promotion at work and losing my broadband at home, I haven't been able to get in for a long time. But when I got email yesterday from someone who saw my (hope I still remember how to post URL links) chicken recipe in Steven Raichlen's new BBQ USA book, it reminded me of everything I enjoyed about this forum in the past years.[p]Although I'm impressed to be "published", I'm afraid my skills and accomplishments were exagerated in the book. I guess Steven was right to think that a recipe from back-yard barbequer who didn't really get any awards wouldn't have grabbed his reader's attention. I do want to say that there is no way my chicken was better than anything else cooked in that first EGGtoberfest, and I don't know where "took first prize at the EGGtoberfest" came from, since there were no prizes awarded. Kind of embarrassing.[p]Anyway, since I'm now famous -- whether justified or not :) -- I wanted to stop by to say hi. I'm sorry that I'm not going to be able to keep coming back too often, but I'll try to from time to time.[p]Brant[p]PS, To those you care, my email address is back to brant@sirsi.com, since I lost brant@knology.net when we moved and lost broadband at home.

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Brant:[p]Good to see you post again, stranger![p]Well, regardless of the story, there have been many folks that have enjoyed the recipe you have introduced them to via this forum. Just smile and take a bow. It is in print now and it is going to be hard to change SR's version![p]By the way, if you move back up to the highway you can get broadband. (smilie thingie)
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Brant,
    It is great to hear from you.Your name came up a couple of times last weekend at Toadfest.I tried sending you a couple of e-mails and they bounced back.Kathy wants to sell Jacks table if you know anyone that would like to have it.
    Larry

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Just so you'll feel even better, your name came up at Toadfest this past weekend. You are missed around here. I had sent you an e-mail awhile back that got bounced, so thanks for posting the new one, "champ". LOL[p]Jim
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    Brant,[p]Steve really, really, really likes your Beer Butt chicken.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Brant,
    Good to hear from ya man. You know what I always said about your brine! That recipe deserves to be where it is! I wouldn't be too concerned about having your achievments exaggerated...I think people kinda expect that anyway from a book like this from a flashy guy like Raichlen. Not saying it wouldn't have taken first place if there was a prize![p]Anyways, don't be a stranger. Even ol' JSlot is back on a regular basis![p]Beers to you
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Brant,
    That is my favorite beer butt chicken recipe and I do it often.[p]Thanks,
    New Bob