Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please list....

12346»

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Handle I've had in the newsgroups and email for about 10 years. Drive trains for U Pay RR from Northern Kansas to North Plate, NE and return.
    Born DeKalb, Il and have lived in:
    Alexandra, VA
    Cahokia, IL (suburb of East St Louis, Il)
    Albany, NY
    Seward & Lincoln & Omaha, NE
    Currently in Marysville, KS
    Luck enough to have a BGE Dealer in this one horse town.
    Own a Lrg since 10/08 and Mini 03/09
    Wish I had brought a BGE loooooong time ago!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Handle is how I make my living. Using one to help others.

Live in Bartlett, Tn. been around here all my life.

Been eggin about 1.5 years. Started with a Large and then a small.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    You up around dyersburg area?
  • Soonerfan
    Soonerfan Posts: 71
    My favorite team is the Oklahoma Sooners. Live in Okla. City,OK I have a Large and a Small.
  • I've been an egghead for about 17 years! Perennial smoke is my handle because of my love for perennial plants - that I grow and sell at my garden center (Floribunda Gardens). Perennial also means recurring regularly - and I cook on the BGE a couple times a week winter spring summer and fall! I live in Oswego Illinois and host EGGwegoFest. The 2nd annual will be Sept. 26th and will be posted soon!
    Nancy
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Not yet, but will be trying a plucked Mallard and breats cut in strips and marinated in Terriaki and cooked hot and fast. Pheasant is great off the Egg. Then again, what isn't?
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Clay is my name and BBQing is my game. Put them together and ya get Clay Q. Got started egging about 5 years ago and now I have two larges and a mini.
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Originally from Wichita, KS, now living in St. Louis.

My handle is unoriginal and I am working on a new one. But this one came from when I had friends over and we called it an "Egger" and then some called me the "Eggerman".

I have owned my egg for 2 years.
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Jeffinsfg: My name is Jeff and SGF is the airport code for Springfield, MO, where we live now. Grew up near here, moved to KC in '83 and moved back here in 2004.

Bought my medium in February 1999, so I've been Egging for over 10 years now.
  • big hound
    big hound Posts: 103
    I grew up in Los Angeles, but lived in quite a few places, NY, CT, and the hills of Northern VA. These days I live in LA but do some business and relaxing by the Creeper Trail in South Western VA.

As a kid my dad gave me a bassethound. My dad created a world of hounds. He was the big hound, my mom was his houndes, and i was the puppy hound, well since he passed years ago I took the title.

Got my EGG back in 2000, and have loved it ever since.

Had many hats too. Owned a few bakeries, a few resturants, and am on my second bar/nightclub in Los Angeles. Oh and I also make some films from time to time.

I reccomend Sidney Lumet's BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD.... that was one of mine.
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    That was one helluva film... in what capacity did you "make it"? producer?

Cheers!
  • beebeeQ
    beebeeQ Posts: 15
    I have been an egghead for 1 1/2 years now. Enjoying every minute of it! I was born in Milwaukee, WI
    and now am living just west of there. I got my handle from my initials plus I like to bbQ.
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    In Martin, Grew Up in Union City.

Tim
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    I have some breasts in the freezer, will have to give that a try this summer. No pheasants left, will have to wait till fall to give those a try. I am thinking I will have to try a whole mallard duck this winter. Let me know how your turns out.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Ihave done pintail (spatchcock) mallard, whole teal(wrapped in bacon)I still have some snow geese to try, but have to think that one through.

GOOD FRIENDS AND GOOD EATS

DALE
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Michael,

I've posted several times about it. It is something about the use of two platforms. It isn't a big deal but there are guys on here from Mexico, Great Britain, Germany, Oz and probably other countries as well. It would be nice to look at somebody's profile and know where they are from. It is only going to grow and it would make the incessant "Any other Canuck eggers out there?" posts be less necessary.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sure it would be nice if it labeled people who are outside the U.S. as being in their country, but would not a simple solution (at least for the people who know of the problem) be to put what country they are in in their profile?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Semolina Pilchard,

I agree, and that's what I did.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    My name is Tom. I grew up in Leamington, Ontario. Went to school in London, Ontario. I now live in Ottawa, Ontario although I did live for almost three years in Paris France.

The handle simply represents my love of cooking combined with the name of a cat that joined the household a couple of years ago.

I have a large egg that is just over a year old. Like many, I have dreams of adding at least another.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Lol, it is very true... I got out of the root canal chair and went straight to pick up my egg... Was on pain med when I put it together that afternoon... Seems like it worked, no problems so far... :)
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    I live in Prattville, Alabama

Pharm-eggist
    Pharmacist meets egg = Pharmeggist
  • iBeeSmok'n
    iBeeSmok'n Posts: 270
    Hi Steve

I have tried to change and it is not working. I have Canada as my country in my profile plus I have added it in my comments which now shows up.
    i see when I click on your handle your country shows the US as well.

Gary
  • iBeeSmok'n
    iBeeSmok'n Posts: 270
    Hi Gary

Thanks for the info I have been trying a few times to update with no luck.

Gary
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    I'm not a techie, but how hard can it be?

There's a section in the profile that says "what country" if it defaults to the US automatically, why bother having the question?

My 2 cents!

MOS
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    I am a radiation oncologist after a 15 year sojourn in Denver, I am now living in Dayton, OH where I grew up. I've been an egger for over a year now and still consider myself a newbie.

I had a terrible time trying to officially register for the forum. Everytime I put in a request for a particular 'handle', I would get a message stating that the name was already in use. I must have put in at least 75 different names. I was so frustrated :( that I thought .......what name will ever be available. That old saying eenie meenie minie mo went through my head for absolutely no apparent reason. In a last ditch effort to obtain a handle I entered "eenie meenie" in the registration and again I was rejected. I e-mailed WKM after I found the forum feedback section and he officially reigstered me as eenie meenie. Finally, after weeks of trying, I was official. So even though it may not have been in my top 75 handle requests, it's now my handle. :whistle:
  • JCinGA
    JCinGA Posts: 139
    Born and raised in southern Nevada.
    Transferred to Atlanta in 1974 with the fly by night company I eventually retired from in 2004.
    Bought my first large egg in 1995. It died a sudden death in 2004. Due to spousal hurry up; "I'm hungry it doesn't need to be seasoned". I admit I had ulterior motives.
    Bought my second large in in 2006. Bought a medium in 2007. The mini came along in 2008.
    I borrowed part of my handle from my brother who is known as JCinNV hence, JCinGA.